need to know

Currently reading:
need to know

16v cab

Can someone pls explain to me what wobbly bolts are and what is the difference between them and normal bolts?

Dont ask, dont buy and definently dont use. Buy wheels that fit to start with.

Wobbly bolts have a cup section which is over bored to allow the bolt to sit off square with the centre of the cup. This allows the cup to sit inside the recess of the wheel bolt hole with the bolt off centre into the hub.

They are dangerous and they can come undone as they are different metals which heat at different ranges, causing a loosening affect. If they start using them on race cars, I will start using them, until that time, use the correct bolts on what surely must be the most important fastening on a car!

Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD (210BHP)
Fiat Punto JTD (130BHP)
Fiat Barchetta

http://www.angeltuning.co.uk
http://www.bravo-guide.co.uk THE Fiat Bravo site

Cheers for that guys.
My problem is i've got some Vauxhall alloys and whilst the back ones fit great with spacers and longer bolts from R-Tech the front wheel bolts keep threading themselves and after 5 miles or so the wheels come off! So, do i buy longer alluminium wheel bolts rather than the Fiat ones coz they are so soft? Other people have recommened wobbly bolts but having read what you guys wrote i'm a bit put off.
Please give me some suggestions.
Cheers Cat.

Hei.

Make sure your bolts have Y-shape. I learned the word on the forum: "funnel" (thanks John). Y-shape like a funnel, and not completely flat - check your alloys for fit. I got informed by the Norwegian importer of Momo that they produce spacers which will allow you to use your Vauxhall (why do Brits call it Vauxhall, and not Opel - Opel is much easier to write. Same is the Fiat Ritmo which is called Fiat Strada in the UK. Is Ritmo and Opel difficult to pronounce? :)) Hehe... :D Back to the spacers. These Momo spacers have bolts for 98 mm (Fiat, Alfa, Lancia) which is bolted to the hub with shorter bolts. Then the spacers have pre-drilled holes for you Vauxhall which is 100 mm. There is also spacers with 5 holes if you want to use Porche alloys on your Fiat [8D]. The Momo spacers 'kind of' extends your hub, so your Alloy would be perfectly centered. They are nice looking too, a shame they will be hidden by the alloy itself...

Morten.

Today: Abarth alloys. Inter Alloy lowering. Phoenix Gold & Kenwood stereo.

Projects: Abarth / Momo steering wheel, K&N induction kit, racing seats, exhaust, door refurnishing, window tinting.

Pretty strange to be driving around in Vauxhall in a Vauxhall. :D

Today: Abarth alloys. Inter Alloy lowering. Phoenix Gold & Kenwood stereo.

Projects: Abarth / Momo steering wheel, K&N induction kit, racing seats, exhaust, door refurnishing, window tinting.

Back