General Need help with info about my car

Currently reading:
General Need help with info about my car

Kessler750

My grandfather left me a Fiat that he used to drive in the 70's and 80's. Can anyone give me and idea on a year and model? Maybe even a rough value? I dont plan on keeping the car. I dont have time to do anything with it and I know nothing about Fiat. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry about the poor quality pictures, I was trying to take them a very tight space.

Attachments

• WP_000903.jpg
    WP_000903.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 110
  • WP_000904.jpg
    WP_000904.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • WP_000910.jpg
    WP_000910.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • WP_000901.jpg
    WP_000901.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
The grill, and the fake scoop on the hood indicate it is a 1958 to 1963 1200 Roadster. It is very rare.

If you have a double overhead cam engine it is a 1960 to 1963 Fiat OSCA.

The OSCA was the high performance version.

Check to see if the engine is a 1200cc pushrod engine, or a DOH cam.

Both cars are rare, but the OSCA is very rare.

Where are you located. I have two 1966 1500cc pushrod versions of this model. I also have a parts care with lots of stuff already removed. Bruce T

I am a newbie to this site, and don't know my way around very well. Feel free to contact me via email.

Upon investigating further in my literature, the number 103 G.004 is the engine identification number. It is the 1200 cc pushrod engine.

You can check the engine id number on the passengers side of the engine on a flat spot behind the generator.

The model number is probably 118 G, 1959 to 1963. Actual displacement is 1221 cc.

Bruce T

Fiat was not very forthcoming about what year a cars labeled. A new carmade in 1959 could be sold as a 1960, or perhaps later.

I have the carburetor, intake manifold, and damaged head from one of these.

Third reply. The 000271 may well be the serial number. Note that it is on the same line as the 118.

Fiat usually put the model identification (118) on the left side of the same line as the serial number.

The 577 number MAY be the number to be quoted when ordering spare parts. I am less sure of this. Bruce T

Further info from Bruce T. the grill on the front indicates it is a 1200 roadster, not a OSCA. The spacing on the OSCA is about twice as wide as on the roadster.

The openings on the roadster are roughly square. The openings on the OSCA are roughly rectangular.

In addition to the Carb, manifold and head, I have one complete 1200 grill.Bruce T.

The grill, and the fake scoop on the hood indicate it is a 1958 to 1963 1200 Roadster. It is very rare.

Where are you located. I have two 1966 1500cc pushrod versions of this model. I also have a parts care with lots of stuff already removed. Bruce T

I am a newbie to this site, and don't know my way around very well. Feel free to contact me via email.

All your is information is awesome! Thanks a lot. I'll have to check the engine soon. I'm located Columbia, SC. I looking to sell the car so I need to figure out where to list it in the forums.

Hi Bruce. I saw somewhere that you had a intake manifold for a fiat 1200 cabriolet. Do you still have it? I am renovating a fiat 1200 cabriolet from 1960 and miss this part.
My e-mail is [email protected]

Cheers Johan

Back