Technical need help bleeding diesel pump

Currently reading:
Technical need help bleeding diesel pump

MarkMarea

can anyone help me in telling me how to bleed the fuel system (if need be) on a 19 td marea as I have no manual and no idea :confused:

I have drained the battery trying to pump it up but when I checked the fuel lines( pump to injector) there bone dry. The filter has fuel in it and i have blew down the pipes to the tank which are clear :yuck: I cant seem to get any fuel into the engine ..help :bang: :bang: :cry:

If you look by the back of the engine, up against the bulkhead I think, theres a black fuel line (rubber) with a black bulge in it, like you have on a fuel line from a boat tank (for a ouboard) squeeze that untill it goes hard.

edit/ I took some pics so I didnt have to keep going outside and looking at stuff. You can see it in this pic.

Attachments

• Engine4.jpg
    Engine4.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 711
Last edited:
What did you do, just run out of diesel ?

If it doesn't have one of those, it probobally has a black button on top of the fuel filter, you pump it and it does the same job.

Think these have a self bleed system fitted and you crank engine over until it fires, or either fuel filter housing has a bleed button or a plunger in the fuel line.
Try undoing the fuel line to housing, and crank the engine. fuel should pump out. if not, you have a pump problem.

Andy.

Is it easy to get the filter off? you could fill the bowl, fire the car up on that and it may run long enough to self bleed out and run OK.

There is a bleed nipple on top of the injector pump, its screwed into a bigger threaded cap. loosen this a bit and either pump the squeezy pump by hand or turn engine over. when a nice flow of diesel comes out with no air bubbles, tighten bleed screw and start. attach a bit of clear tubing to the nipple if you dont want to get diesel everywhere..

Owen.

Back