Technical Need help about airbag emulator

Currently reading:
Technical Need help about airbag emulator

ASR FAILURE

Hello guys, i have recently bought a 2002 Fiat Stilo 1.2 as my first car and it has an airbag light on, so i put the FiatEcuScan and it said that the weight sensor (ocs) has problem:bang:. Of course, i cleaned the cables under the seats just to be sure it wasn't there the problem, but no luck. The airbag light is still on. So i asked the official Fiat dealer and he told me that the ocs costs somewhere around 280 euros :eek: (which is a lot of money at least here in Greece) and its very difficult to buy because of the cost. So my question is, if i buy an emulator (there are a lot on e-bay and they cost around 50 euros and some are certified with iso9001 if i recall right) and put it in my stilo, will the passenger airbag (and pretensioner) open/work? and if yes , will the airbag open the right way?, i mean the car is equipped with dual stage airbag and i want to open as it is suppose to (in low speed crash the single stage, and in a fast speed crash the dual stage).And is there anyone that have crashed his car and he had an emulator to say if it worked? I dont intend to put children or child seat in the passenger seat of course (and i dont have children anyway).Thanks in advance:)

An emulator will just emulate a normal passenger (~80kg) occupying the seat.
It is an emulator! not a sensor.
So don't carry children in the front seat.

A regular OCS emulator for the Stilo can easily be made DIY by modifying the currently broken OCS in your seat..some cutting and some soldering.

Back