General Need advice on Fiat 500 pop 2013 Tyres

Currently reading:
General Need advice on Fiat 500 pop 2013 Tyres

Lavendi

Hey everyone.

I'm a newbie for the forum and a newbie for the Fiat world. Purchased my 2013 Fiat 500 Pop few weeks ago. I am in Adelaide, Australia.

Right now my car has 175/65 R16 rims with standard wheel covers and tyres. I found a local wrecker who's selling 195/45 R16. I am wondering if I could use that on my car and it will be a good fit and no issues for the ride. I use this for city running and Aussie roads are pretty much decent

Want to get this upgrade more for cosmetic value :)

Please advice :)

Hey everyone.

I'm a newbie for the forum and a newbie for the Fiat world. Purchased my 2013 Fiat 500 Pop few weeks ago. I am in Adelaide, Australia.

Right now my car has 175/65 R16 rims with standard wheel covers and tyres. I found a local wrecker who's selling 195/45 R16. I am wondering if I could use that on my car and it will be a good fit and no issues for the ride. I use this for city running and Aussie roads are pretty much decent

Assuming the wheel size is correct 16 or 14 what ever, there are two other things to take account of apart from the quality of the tyres, one is will they physically fit without fouling anything and secondly is the rolling circumference similar between the 45 and 65 aspect ratio as it can throw your speedo out. If it raises your gearing it will mean slower acceleration also.
Another small issue is in the event of an accident Insurance company may throw a claim out as not original specification, unless they had already been notified and agreed it in writing.
Mind you it did remind me of a joke, in the old days when the original little Austin Minis first came out on 10 inch wheels, we used to tell the owners there was a conversion available to 12 inch wheels, when asked why we said "it's to stop Great Dane Dogs peeing in your windows";)

Assuming the wheel size is correct 16 or 14 what ever, there are two other things to take account of apart from the quality of the tyres, one is will they physically fit without fouling anything and secondly is the rolling circumference similar between the 45 and 65 aspect ratio as it can throw your speedo out. If it raises your gearing it will mean slower acceleration also.
Another small issue is in the event of an accident Insurance company may throw a claim out as not original specification, unless they had already been notified and agreed it in writing.
Mind you it did remind me of a joke, in the old days when the original little Austin Minis first came out on 10 inch wheels, we used to tell the owners there was a conversion available to 12 inch wheels, when asked why we said "it's to stop Great Dane Dogs peeing in your windows";)
My original is 14 inch and i had made a typo - sorry about that.

but your claim on insurance is true and it is something to think about it. thank you for the insight

This is how bad my current wheel covers looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_20220812_072936MP.jpg
    IMG_20220812_072936MP.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 32
Hey everyone.

If you want to put 45 series tyres on Fiat alloys I hope you have a fat wallet to pay for the new wheels you will need. Panda 100 had 45's and I had 12 wheels to allow for one set on one at the menders and one being painted! Tram lining is also an issue thats not desirable. I do however agree they look good.... and its an Italian car after all.

I am wondering if I could use that on my car and it will be a good fit and no issues for the ride.
For the best possible ride, stick with 14" wheels.

The general consensus is that moving up to 15" doesn't change the ride by much, but that going from 15" to 16" worsens it noticeably.

For the best possible ride, stick with 14" wheels.

The general consensus is that moving up to 15" doesn't change the ride by much, but that going from 15" to 16" worsens it noticeably.
I can vouch for that. We bought a 500C each in 2013 and I drove them side-by-side for over six years. The wife's Pop, with its 14" steels was significantly smoother riding than my Lounge with the 16" low profiles. Having said that I wouldn't swap, and the alloys look so much better, even if they're a pain to clean!

This is how bad my current wheel covers looks like.
I daresay that's off the nearside front! The older Pop wheel trims looked so much better with the chrome ring. Unfortunately for most of the car's life they were stored and replaced by cheap autoshop trims because the missus tended to misjudge kerbs - she lost or destroyed four (that I know of!) and we had to buy three sets over six years. The originals, fitted back on when the car was sold, were targets for thieves too.

Attachments

• DSCN0611.jpg
    DSCN0611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
Hey guys. Thank you for all your advice. I ended up finding a matte 14inch cover

IMG_20220815_072306MP.jpg

I didn't upgrade to a bigger rim because I was a bit worried on it effecting my Insurance as adviced by a member as well. Why I chose a matte black because I felt it will blend in with the black side mirrors as well (which was an after market). And here is how it looks now
IMG_20220815_072707MP.jpg

Back