Panda n00b saying hello from Germany

Currently reading:
Panda n00b saying hello from Germany

It seems like my car is an Actual in every single respect except for it having Active colored bumpers. Mine is as stripped down as possible inside. Just the way I like it.

It might well be, I'm not familiar with the trims of every market.

Maybe the German or Polish markets Actual had a few more "plush" parts from other models in the range.
I've seem a few Italian Actuals and they are very very basic, wind up windows, no radio, black plastic bumpers, no central locking and steel wheels with no trims.
I've also hired a few southern European Actives and they came with air con, which the UK models never had.

As for the 1.1 engine, power it's the same in both Eco and non Eco spec.
Both give you a heady 54bhp, though I think in Eco trim is does return a few more mpg.

I think the official specs were 49 mpg for the non and 56 mpg for the Eco.

There is a very common problem with the 1.1, both Eco and non Eco.

There is a wiring issue in the loom between the engine ECU and the coil packs and injectors. (me thinks it's a common wire between the two that branches within the wrap of the loom up stream from the connector to the ECU).

Seems it works loose or the joint in the wire breaks up.

It causes misfires and owners usually first notice this when driving over bumps and humps in the road, then eventually the engine starts throwing misfire and engine knock diagnostic trouble codes.
There's a good few posts relating to this with a few fixes, so it's not the end of the world, just a pain in the ass if it happens and you try and diagnose this intermittent fault without knowing.

Last edited:
It might well be, I'm not familiar with the trims of every market.

Maybe the German or Polish markets Actual had a few more "plush" parts from other models in the range.
I've seem a few Italian Actuals and they are very very basic, wind up windows, no radio, black plastic bumpers, no central locking and steel wheels with no trims.
I've also hired a few southern European Actives and they came with air con, which the UK models never had.

As for the 1.1 engine, power it's the same in both Eco and non Eco spec.
Both give you a heady 54bhp, though I think in Eco trim is does return a few more mpg.

I think the official specs were 49 mpg for the non and 56 mpg for the Eco.

There is a very common problem with the 1.1, both Eco and non Eco.

There is a wiring issue in the loom between the engine ECU and the coil packs and injectors. (me thinks it's a common wire between the two that branches within the wrap of the loom up stream from the connector to the ECU).

Seems it works loose or the joint in the wire breaks up.

It causes misfires and owners usually first notice this when driving over bumps and humps in the road, then eventually the engine starts throwing misfire and engine knock diagnostic trouble codes.
There's a good few posts relating to this with a few fixes, so it's not the end of the world, just a pain in the ass if it happens and you try and diagnose this intermittent fault without knowing.

Thanks tons for this rich info.

Back