190416_10150424734800478_628405477_17154028_1639188_n.jpg

Grande Punto My White GPS T-jet Progress Thread

Introduction

Hi just thought id say hello and post up my T-jet, only had it three weeks and so far im loving it.
Full pin-stripe leather, cruise control, built in sub and all the other usual spec.
Only current mods are the stickers ;)
Plans for it are: Induction, Forge FMIC, Abarth Turbo, Performance Exhaust and Mapping.

Cheers.
Reactions: Stz1984 and JCarp16
Just re-read this thread for the umteenth time! Love it!
Pick up my White T-jet on Wednesday, LCR splitter and the Painted rear look sweet! Not a huge fan of the Porsche wheels but each to there own :eek:

Cheers man, yea the t-jets are deffo alot of fun! Bang a vl36, a forge intake a cat-back and a map and your onto a winner!

Did the engine and gearbox spacers sort the driveshaft problem out pal?

Yeaa! I was running 40mm washers with longer bolts and coilies wound pretty much all the way down with the helpers out and had no issues what so ever! Apart from overcoming speedbumps LOL! Only things I did were remove the engine cover as it came into contact with the bonnet, and removed the strap from the battery, the battery was still be secure via its clamp so its all good.

How did you fit your 5 stud alloy when GPs are only 4 studs mate? :p

Yes as said im using PCD adapters, 4x100 (GP fitment) to 5x130 (Porsche fitment) the ones im running are FK and are actually for the mk1/mk2 golf but they fit pretty much perfect (y)

Going to have to go back down the coilie route then! I changed to springs due to having two drive shafts go :( didn't actually think about spacing it all upwards haha!! Cheers mate!

how have you got the back so low i have just fitted jom coilovers on mine and can not get the back end low for love nore money.yes it is lowwer than standard but not low enough

Cheers for all the nice comments guys, and I'm not too sure what the rear springs are like on the joms but the fk's rear springs are tiny, mine was only 3/4 of the way down on the adjusters on the back. And well unfortunately it's come the time where iv decided to sell up, so iv started removing parts ready to flog on here just some things that il be listing if anybody's interested:
VL36 turbo
Forge intake
Forge underbody braces
A pair of 4x100 20mm spacers
Porsche twists and the adapters
Debadged grill
Wind deflectors
Hid kit
Omp steering wheel
Omp boss
D1 spec gear knob
And there's possibly a couple of other bits and bobs il get them up in the classifieds :)

Just to let you all know, the punto will be going in a matter of days, iv put a deposit down on a Clio 200, I did my first trackday earlier this month and that was basically the decider that i needed something a little bit better in the corners. The car has has some ups and downs but iv loved owning it and thanks to all the help from you chaps on here helping me with problems iv had. Gonna be sad to see it go. There is some bits and bobs for sale in the classifieds for anybody thats interested.
I may even start a thread in the other makes section on the forum.

Just a couple of pics from the trackday:

8cf1d85841fd11e2a88722000a1f90d0_7.jpg

07c9b85841fd11e2bccc22000a1f8cda_7.jpg

66762_10151305538363147_1243583495_n.jpg

And a couple of the new bus:

399345_371178262978773_2133697669_n.jpg

386008_371178336312099_305083060_n.jpg

10365_371178449645421_1469608413_n.jpg

227063_371178456312087_1890329304_n.jpg

Thanks again chaps :D

You have to get a thread up on the clio there's no ifs or buts! Very nice cars and a very nice colour you've gone for. What's in store for this one then, same route of lows and tasty wheels or going for a track look? Mind you i'm sure it cost a nice bit of cash and you haven't thought much of mods yet! haha

I am very much aware that this is a thread revival but im about to down the raised engine route.
Im wondering how he would have got passed the lower gearbox mount?
I can easily have spacer blocks made up for the top engine and gearbox mounts but im at a loss when I start thinking about the dogbone.

Any input?
I have messaged loocas but he was last active last year ?
Unless someone knows him? This was an awesome car.

Last edited:
After reading this thread over and over for the last fe months ive have decided to post the fact that i am now the owner of this car.
I have also had the driveshaft problem as i bought the car on standard suspension, so once i lowered it on coilovers and took it to the nurburgring, only then did it go pop coming out of the carousell :(

I have added a few more parts to this car since....
KW COILOVERS
NEW VE38 TURBO AND BEARINGS
MISHIMOTO J-RACE INTERCOOLER
EBC D/G DISCS FRONT AND REAR
BREMBO PADS FRONT AND REAR
(Brakes rebled with 5.1)
K&N 57I CUSTOM INTAKE
FORGE TURBO &COOLANT PIPES ALL ROUND
POWERFLEX DOGBONE BUSH
O/S BILLET ENGINE MOUNT
BOLA B10 ALLOYS ON TOYO (T1S FRONT)(T1R REAR)

I shallpost a photo of the car shortly and shall be making a new thread carrying on this build in the future.... plans are basically a stripped out road weapon/sleeper.

have located the new injectors and cams that i want to fit soon so just having to wait for the funds to be available

Hope you all approve the new look

Back