500 My Twinair Lounge in Electroclash grey

Currently reading:
500 My Twinair Lounge in Electroclash grey

Fiathan

Hey

I picked this beauty up this tuesday. I've been smiling ever since. Its a 2012 Twinair Lounge with dualogic, electroclash grey paint and 16 inch wheels. I'll add a ski carrier rack soon. And I am looking for a nicer looking carpet/blanket to cover the back seat and keep it free from dirt and hair from my bulldog. He loves his spacious "bed" in the back.

eMBohl.jpg

I love the wheels. Had to have them. Not sure about xenons though. I didn't specify. Maybe the dealer threw in a nice surprise. Do they look very different to other headlights?

BCaJCl.jpg

Here's the interior:
Hoy3Ql.jpg

Here I'm hanging out in the back seat with my bulldog while waiting for my girlfriend. My dog has alot of room back there.
dOie5l.jpg

I love the wheels. Had to have them. Not sure about xenons though. I didn't specify. Maybe the dealer threw in a nice surprise. Do they look very different to other headlights?

Here's the interior:

Here I'm hanging out in the back seat with my bulldog while waiting for my girlfriend. My dog has alot of room back there.
dOie5l.jpg

Very nice. There would be a few on here who would like to have the Xenons although a discussion on it gets a little hairy.

I like the back seat passenger. I take it that there's no complaints on the driving.:)

The outter frame looks different that's all .... Looks a nice car, if only I'd pull my finger out and drive one :)

I like the back seat passenger. I take it that there's no complaints on the driving.:)

He loves it. Every time we're out for a drive he is sleeping flat on his stomach all stretched out over the seats (with a blanket over the seats)

Looks a nice car, if only I'd pull my finger out and drive one :)

Thanks. You should definetly drive one. I tried a both a manual Twinair plus and a dualogic 1.2 Lounge. I knew right away that I had to have a twinair lounge with dualogic. Try different combinations and you will end up buying one. I didn't really plan on it, even though I have loved the original 500 for a long time. I just knew it was the perfect car for me.

It's a twin air plus or an abarth for me, and I already have the mods planned in my head (y)

The abarth is amazing. My dad got his abarth 500c at the same time as I got my twinair. I tried it yesterday, and it's no wonder why my dad has been out driving all week. He is just like a kid with a new toy.

The abarth is amazing. My dad got his abarth 500c at the same time as I got my twinair. I tried it yesterday, and it's no wonder why my dad has been out driving all week. He is just like a kid with a new toy.

What were the main differences you found between the A500c and the TA. I'm assuming he got the manual.

What were the main differences you found between the A500c and the TA. I'm assuming he got the manual.

He actually doesn't have a manual. As he would use it as an everyday car, rush hour would be awful with a manual. The automatic gearbox in the abarth is completely different from the dualogic. He has the flappy paddles on the steering wheel, and with the sport button activated it shifts very fast and is a great automatic gearbox.

The main differences I have noticed are first the looks: its more aggressive looking, has bigger wheels (17 inch) and a better looking interior. The seats are not as soft as mine, but are firmer and better looking (brown leather). The abarth seats give more side support. The ride itself is a bit more comfortable in the TA, as the suspension is softer and the wheels are smaller. But on a twisty road at high speed, the suspension and wheels are worth it.
The noise is more race car ish on the abarth, but the motorcycle sounding engine on the TA gives a nice tune as well.
Of course the abarth is alot faster, but the twinair is fast enough and alot of fun.
So in short terms, the abarth give a little more luxury and sportiness. But the TA is more comfortable on bumpy roads and feels quite sporty and fun if you remember to turn off the "ECO-mode".

I have been out driving all day with my parents. We took both cars of course. Great fun. My mom didn't enjoy the speed as much, and my bulldog prefers less movement when he sleeps.

He actually doesn't have a manual. As he would use it as an everyday car, rush hour would be awful with a manual. The automatic gearbox in the abarth is completely different from the dualogic. He has the flappy paddles on the steering wheel, and with the sport button activated it shifts very fast and is a great automatic gearbox.

The main differences I have noticed are first the looks: its more aggressive looking, has bigger wheels (17 inch) and a better looking interior. The seats are not as soft as mine, but are firmer and better looking (brown leather). The abarth seats give more side support. The ride itself is a bit more comfortable in the TA, as the suspension is softer and the wheels are smaller. But on a twisty road at high speed, the suspension and wheels are worth it.
The noise is more race car ish on the abarth, but the motorcycle sounding engine on the TA gives a nice tune as well.
Of course the abarth is alot faster, but the twinair is fast enough and alot of fun.
So in short terms, the abarth give a little more luxury and sportiness. But the TA is more comfortable on bumpy roads and feels quite sporty and fun if you remember to turn off the "ECO-mode".

I have been out driving all day with my parents. We took both cars of course. Great fun. My mom didn't enjoy the speed as much, and my bulldog prefers less movement when he sleeps.

Many thanks for the summary report on the differences.
Good to see that you noticed the differences in the gear change in Sport mode on the A500c and the better seats.
Sounds like you picked the right model and it ties up with an autoexpress comparison. I know which one I'd prefer. ;)
Can just picture your Bulldog 'groaning' in the back if it gets a bit bouncy so you have a back seat 'driver' after all. :p
Enjoy.(y)
P.S. It is possible to get the 'flappy paddles' on the TA when you're ordering - can't remember the exact price but it was around £120.

Last edited:
Can just picture your Bulldog 'groaning' in the back if it gets a bit bouncy so you have a back seat 'driver' after all. :p
Enjoy.(y)
P.S. It is possible to get the 'flappy paddles' on the TA when you're ordering - can't remember the exact price but it was around £120.

My bulldog snores in the back seat and groans if the car moves around too much. He might even change his position for more comfort.

I don't remember exactly, but seem to recall seeing the flappy paddle option on the twinair list of extras. I don't miss it, but if I had tried the flappy paddle on the abarth before ordering the TA I would add that option. Just for the extra fun. If you get the chance: do it! Order it! Do it!

Back