pic44.jpg

Stilo My Stilo Multiwagon JTD the S-Wagon lol

Introduction

Well if you have seen my other marea weekends and my old punto you will know this is just the start.

So after weeks of looking and after i was going to buy another car but i had to spend money on my house this popped up, from fellow forum member, i drove to birmingham to view it and left a deposit and collected it 2 weeks later, i am over the moon with it, just need to give it a good clean sort a couple of small niggles and then start on the mods, here are some pictures

and what a joy to drive, returning 60mpg and its very smooth and quick when it needs to be, my insurance was cheaper and my tax is very cheap. so now the modifications i have planned.

first up it will be lowered next month, then i shall re-furb the wheels in a anthacite colour, de-badge it, twin 3" exhuast for now, and then i shall probably leave it until teh winter is over, but my plan is too run rotiform blq wheels or xxr 527 wheels and get it stanced right, i am going to have the engine covers flocked and some of teh interior too, going to add a boost gauge and oil pressure gauge to the a pillar, and a volt and amp gauge to my cupholders, probably change teh gear knob for a new one and fit my drilled and grooved discs that i already have. then just get it really clean and enjoy it but thats my plans the wheels may not happen as i do like the wheels that are on there already, either way it will be clean and low.

cheers

robin
There's a fair few flocking guides around but are there any you particularly suggest as you're getting some very nice results!

to be honest, just practice, I had some spare panels to practice on, so I practiced, once I got a good result I started doing all my interior parts.

as a guide, spend alot of time on prep, I used a 180 grit sand paper to sand the trim pieces first, then I wiped down with brake disc cleaner to get rid of any grease or contaminats. I then use a polishing pad (a cheap version of maguires) to smear on the pva glue, spread it around let it go tacky, then coat again, with a slightly heavier coat, then I used a metal sieve (bigger than a tea strainer) and loaded it with flock, and then shook it over, gave it thick coats then shook off the excess and left to dry for 48 hours.

not updated for a while, to be honest i haven't done anything else, i have stuff to put on, just finding time...

anyways, last weekend i was a little annoyed as my headlight washer pump had stopped working (again 3rd time this year :mad:), I thought maybe the washer fluid was low so topped that right up... still nothing, and then to add insult to injury i heard a clonk and then my passenger side wiper just stopped wipeing at the park postion :bang:. so walked in doors and just laughed it off.

ordered a repair clip (£2.80 for the pair) they turned up friday, and yesterday needed my car so had to fix the wiper in the rain, i was suprised at just how quick and easy it was to fix, wipers were a little stubborn even using my wiper puller took about 10 minutes. scuttle panel off in literally a minute, clip added another minute... noticed my passenger side drain plus was silted up, so poked that a bit and all of sudden all water flushed out so cleaned up the scuttle. I took a picture of my alarm unit so I can replace that, and put it back together took less than a hour, although to fir clips was killed during removing.... so I ordered a bag of 25 lol so i will add those clips this week.

the horn wiring and headlight washer pump wiring I am going to renew with new connectors too, so that should cure my other problem :)

cheers

robin

i like the look of the stilo with the colour coded rear pannel ,:) bit of bad news about the wipers

thanks dude, I was undecided at when I put them on but now I like it. They will be coming of for a re-paint soon as the paint is slightly off. The wiper linkage was very straight forward to be honest, just a shame it was raining when I had to do it lol.

ah have always liked this car, and your only down the road from me too... but no money atm even if i wanted to..

that preheat fault could be really simple, pretty common and well documented in the stilo section - my old MW did the same although mine turned out to just be a wire had come off a glow plug. Certainly nothing to worry about if anyone is looking and it bothers them!!

bad times dude

well it has been coming, and after this weekend, when my 3 kids struggled to get in the back on there booster seats and the fact my wife has always hated the diesel tractor sounds (which I quite like :)). so the time has come to let it go and let someone else look after my pride and joy and keep it clean. I am looking at either a peugeot 307 5 or 7 seater or I may just go and get a hot hatch can't use my wagon for the kids anyway lol and I do have a picasso too. I wouldn't mind but I have literally just put osram cool blue bulbs in the headlights, osram nightbreaker in the fogs and philips blue intense in the side lights aswell as chrome indicator bulbs so has around £60 of new headlight bulbs :)

ah have always liked this car, and your only down the road from me too... but no money atm even if i wanted to..

that preheat fault could be really simple, pretty common and well documented in the stilo section - my old MW did the same although mine turned out to just be a wire had come off a glow plug. Certainly nothing to worry about if anyone is looking and it bothers them!!

So have I buddy, I have not seen another one with as many options fitted since having mine, it is a really nice car. Yep the preheat fault is just one of those I never got round to checking out i even have a full set of new glow plugs in the boot :) but its starts on the button even in the snow. this car really does want nothing and I think I have priced it to sell too, someone messaged me and said its too cheap but personally I think thats about right.

do you know, I have been looking for a few weeks and there is nothing out there that even comes close to my stilo for looks or luxury interior.... or options.... and the condition of some that people say are in excellent condition make mine look concourse! do you know some guy offered me a gold gti turbo that was 4 years older and 15000 more miles than my wagon and the mot was due a month earlier! and also a guy with a focus on a w plate it 196k on the clock and the boot didn't open and he wanted money his way WTF he was makeing the offer not the other way round.... make me want to keep it it really, i just wont find something like i have :-( just wish my kids could get init properly and if it were a petrol my wife would like it more too :-(

yeah you get a hell of alot of car for the money with a stilo thats for sure... I needed rid of mine as too many cars and not enough space and practically ended up giving it away. Although mine had as many miles as yours does now when i bought it and was pushing 200k when i sold it, still running sweet as a nut though it was.

Well i still have it, although I was offered a cracking deal the other night in theform of a ford mondeo st220, but i dunno what is a matter with me, I said no, and instead bought new air horns for the wagon and some more bits and alot of cleaning stuff.... after talking my wife said I can keep it but we cannot use it as a family car for now which is fine as i have a picasso mpv too.... weridly i started looking at the idea of getting it completly problem free, i even got the heater motor/fan blower for the digital climate brand new and think i have found a alarm siren so that is 2 jobs jobbed when I get round to fitting them....

Maybe its better the devil you know

i am so indecisive

Glad to hear your keeping her :D bloody
Bloody shame to get rid of such a good car

That's the thing, I have not seen a car in price range in better condition and with a better service history than mine, I have also not a seen a car with the same amount of options as mine.

I do not class a stamped up service book as full history, I class receipts and old mot's and tax discs as history, anyone can get a book and get it stamped.

the st220 was really nice.... but had 197k on the clock, and being a v6 petrol just didn't want to take on a money pit so to speak. although was lovely so is on my list of cars to own but i want one with loads of history and mint ideally and low miles.

+1 to receipts..... I've always done 99% of the maintenance and repairs on my vehicles, purists may walk away because "It wasn't done at the dealer", but for the realistic buyer, I always keep receipts (With date and mileage written on back) for every maintenance or repair I do (Down to oil changes, and filters and plugs). Especially after seeing the rise of counterfeit dealer stamps on a news report, short of contacting the dealer about every used car you look at, the stamps in a book don't prove much. Overall condition of the vehicle and receipts for work and MOTs show much more.

Back