Car_rear_Dside.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto

Introduction

Here it is... Pictures are really crap but are taken with my phone!.

Car_rear_Dside.jpg

Car_rear_view.jpg

Car_front_Pside.jpg

Car_front_Dside.jpg

Rubbish induction kit although better than most attempts lol:-
engine32.jpg

I like it soooo much :D
Hi Chris, the car looks great! I've seen it round the town a few times. I especially like the black wheels against the yellow paintwork. :cool:

Keep a lookout for my new 'to-and-from-work-mobile' - A '52 plate Sei Sporting in the best colour. ;)

Hehe thanks guys. I've just done a complete Meguairs on it, shampoo, polish, clay and colour restore wax (it was looking a little dull).

I'll get some new pics, and just for you i'll get a acceleration vid with sound so you can hear it lol. Sounds like a beast with the GSR kit, almost like a civic on vtec.

I'm also drooling like a perv over a gp abarth turbo and manifold for sale, I wonder if the abarth injectors and rail would fit directly? :chin:

bottom end isnt strong enough on the starjet i believe...

Yes i've heard that time and time again but has anyone actually tried it? :chin:. Theres an italian tuning company that have a supercharger kit for my engine which puts out 160bhp.

If I were to go down that route I'd buy another engine preferably one thats been a T-jet to start with, do all the work on it and then just transplant it one weekend at a local garage I'm friends with (im too bloody lazy and don't have the kit).

OR if I really cannot be bothered I may give Pete@ GSR a wad of cash and get cams, head etc done.

i dunno if theres any difference between the bottom ends of the starjet and the earlier super-FIRE engines. But its been proven a good few times that the super-FIRE pistons and rods can take near 200bhp without a problem.

wait and see how well a certain turbo conversion works out...? :chin:

Last edited:
i dunno if theres any difference between the bottom ends of the starjet and the earlier super-FIRE engines. But its been proven a good few times that the super-FIRE pistons and rods can take near 200bhp without a problem.

wait and see how well a certain turbo conversion works out...? :chin:

Will do mate as no doubt i'll be recruiting on your advice lol (y)

Yes i've heard that time and time again but has anyone actually tried it? :chin:. Theres an italian tuning company that have a supercharger kit for my engine which puts out 160bhp.

If I were to go down that route I'd buy another engine preferably one thats been a T-jet to start with, do all the work on it and then just transplant it one weekend at a local garage I'm friends with (im too bloody lazy and don't have the kit).

OR if I really cannot be bothered I may give Pete@ GSR a wad of cash and get cams, head etc done.

Well Fiat changed it for the Tjet and there tight bastards so if it didnt need changing im sure they wouldnt of done it :p

Well Fiat changed it for the Tjet and there tight bastards so if it didnt need changing im sure they wouldnt of done it :p

come to think of it, someone said once that the 1.4 is stroked from the 1.2, not bored out, which would explain why the stock 1.4 rods are not regarded very well, and why fiat changed them for the T-jet.

so maybe it isnt too good an idea to boost a 1.4....?

Back