30640_420092411553_640311553_5432568_974237_n.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto Mk2b.

Introduction

Right then, I have been on hear a while and own the car for about a year now and it is about time i started this thread so starting from the begining.

I bought the car completely standard and quickly invested in a badgeless front grill, Richbrook taxdisck holder and read universal mud flaps, along with getting rid of all those forcorte stickers.

After a while i then decided to have window tints put on and added a bee sting arial.

Then over the next four months i was busy and most noticeable i bought a set of Fiat 500 Abarth 16" alloys, Wind deflectors, The removal of side bump strips and badges, front punto mud flaps, TI Stickers, Colour coded wing mirrors and Wind screen wash nozzles, Side smoked indicator lenses and Aero wind screen wipers.

Finally i have know had 35mm Gmax lowering spring put on which has made a huge inprovement to handleing and looks of the car with picture to come.

So current car specification is:

Model : Fiat Punto Active Sport 3door
Engine Size : 1.2 8v
Year : 2005
Colour :Baltic Grey

STYLING MODIFICATIONS:
INTERNAL:
Richbrook stainless steel tax disc holder

EXTERNAL:
Window stickers removed
Window tints all round, Light on the front, Medium on the back
Black Aluminium ariel
Rear universal mud flaps
Front Punto aftermarket mud flaps
Side indicators smoked
Active Sport and Punto Badges removed
Badge less front grill
Side bump strips removed
Tinted wind deflectors
35mm Gmax Lowering springs all round
Colour Coded Wing mirrors and wind screen wash nozzles Aero VU wind screen wipers
16” Fiat 500 Abarth multi Spoke alloys

FUTURE MODS:
Exhaust
Side skirts
Induction Kit
Head lights turned black

So what does everyone think?
Yer tinted rear lights is definatly on the cards at some point only going to do them lightly to take edge off the red and clear sections. I did think about getting a second set but then thought if im only doing a light coat it shouldn't matter.

So its about time for an update it has been a while and there have been a few changes.

So what has been done:
  • Now lowered by 50mm all round.
  • Tinted rear lights.
  • Fly eyes kit on headlights.
  • Painted metal fog light rings.
  • Pressed black and silver plate with presonal reg.
  • Cinq washer jet nozzel fitted to scuttle pannel.
These will be about it for this year as i have a list of mantinance bits that need to be sorted before i do anything else.

Here are some pictures from Mitcar.

Attachments

• 185897_10150981943221452_786335905_n.jpg
    185897_10150981943221452_786335905_n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 141
  • 620462_4001474148850_1019317061_o.jpg
    620462_4001474148850_1019317061_o.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 161
  • SDC12785.JPG
    SDC12785.JPG
    585.1 KB · Views: 130
  • SDC12826.JPG
    SDC12826.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 136
Yer there are a few creases in them i am going to sort that out at some point. but i do prefer the lights with the fly eyes rather than with out.

I have u new heavy duty relay to relace the current one so it should work again when i swap them over.

well legally any car manufactured before 1st January 1973 is allowed to have black plates with either white or silver lettering. I do see quite a few cars around nowsdays with black plates but as far as i know they are all breaking law by doing so.

see here: www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/forms/~/media/pdf/leaflets/V796.ashx

this is definitely my favorite Mk2b so smart, are the pressed plates legal? love them haha

Thanks for your comments. The plates are not legal and as blue73 said it is only cars registered before 1973 legaly allowed to use them on the road.

I just use them as show plates as i think it suits the car better than standard plates and makes it stand out from the crowd.

too dark now imho, but still a nice one :) maybe a bit lower would be better :D

That is a fair comment that is why i am incorperating a little silver here and there. lol. Im likeing the ride height atm but coilovers maybe on the cards at some point in the future.

That is a fair comment that is why i am incorperating a little silver here and there. lol. Im likeing the ride height atm but coilovers maybe on the cards at some point in the future.

atleast you don't have to worry about every hole on the road like some of us, higher car takes some pressure off and adds few years to your life :D

A cracking looking car you have here.

Thanks i do my best.

atleast you don't have to worry about every hole on the road like some of us, higher car takes some pressure off and adds few years to your life :D

Haha yer i can imagine how low is yours? i still try to avoid them though other wise its still a very bumpy ride.

Haha yer i can imagine how low is yours?

I have no clue to be honest.. I dropped it as much as possible, the rear is higher, won't go any lower until i get those shocks shotrened and stiffened, and front still has a possibility of lowering but that would be just mad.. I'll have to borrow someone's GoPro and record my way to work everyday, so people can understand why it can't be any lower for every day :D

But as for the measurement, the connection between my exhaust maniford nad the exhaust pipes is the lowest spot on the car, I think.. To pass MOT here your lowest spot has to be higher than punto's ignition key.. And when i passed my MOT i lowered the front it about an inch more :D

Haha yer from the pictures it looks very low. I can imagine there is plenty of weaving needed for you to get to work in one piece. lol.

That is pritty low then. The key can only be around an inch n half long as it is. lol.

Ok so i have been thinking. After looking through some old photos im wondering what looks best.

Original Headlights?
Black Headlights?
or
Black Headlights with Fly Eyes?

Pictures follow below. And opinions will be much appreciated.

Attachments

• SDC116351.jpg
    SDC116351.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_071521 - Copy (2).jpg
    IMG_071521 - Copy (2).jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 118
  • 376271_10150981942346452_1620823662_n.jpg
    376271_10150981942346452_1620823662_n.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 117
Back