Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto HGT

Introduction

Had my car 3 weeks now and have asked a few questions in punto section so thought id better post some pics up.

nothing special at the mo just another standard HGT..

Was a bit worried when i bought it as i thought it would be exactly the same as my bravo hlx as its preety much the same engine.. How wrong was I :D much more fun to drive and feels alot quicker too. with it being lighter and the extra 15 horses it does seem to make a big difference.

Washed it yesterday morning and then spent all afternoon going over it with something called .. "Meguirs Quik Clay".. my g/f uses it on her megane coupe.. It takes off all the gritty / tary dirt that washing just doesnt remove.. takes a long time but it really works.. the paintwork feels really smooth now.

Going to have to keep it looking like it is for a year as im with direct line and cant have any mods :cry:.. will give me time to sort out the normal problems and spend some money on gettin a new stereo sorted.

anyway.. thoughts, opinions, suggestions welcome!

Cheers, Adam

IM002452.JPG

IM002453.JPG

1.8Stilo

looks nice, keep it standard mate (y)

If i were to do a few things id keep it stuble, like colour coded the door handles and rubstrips i cant see this would affect the insurance!

...then when you can modifiy it, i'd say lower it, strut brace, GSR induction kit, remap & supersprint exhaust system (y) well that would be my choice anyways! :)

OP
OP
TidyBoy

TidyBoy

You can get the Quik Clay from speeding.co.uk.. Just do a search on the homepage and its about half way down the results page. PM me if you cant find it..

Not thought about going down the color coding route :/ Need to get some paint work done in the future so maybe that would be an ideal time..

Tidygirl

Glad ur all like my boyfs new car, u can also get the quik clay from halfords im sure i saw it in there! its such a good product, gets bits off that u wouldnt know was there after a wash! got him converted to it now! ;-)

pinin__prestatyn

smell my cheese
Nice punto, I'd leave it standard too. Remember with the clay you only need to use a small amount (about a quarter of the bar) and work it into a disc in the palm of your hand, then use the detailer to lube.