Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto GT

Currently reading:
Punto (Mk2/2b) My Punto GT

Been on here for ages, so thought Id stick a pic up.

Unfortunately I cant drive for a while, due to so called health reasons so I havent got any real recent pics.

The car was bought as standard bar the Baileys DV, exhaust and bleed valve.

The best part was the price - £400! It needed a new petrol tank and rear brake lines which I did myself.

However, the spec after Xmas will be:-

1.4 GT turbo
SEB 2
Bleed valve set at 1.2bar
Baileys Dump Valve
Saab Front Mount Intercooler
Front Mount Intercooler water spray
Decat
Stainless Steel Longlife Exhaust
Oil catch tank
-40mm on PI kit
Momo strut brace
uprated vacuum hose
Magnecor leads
Morettes
Smoothed bonnet with cadamuro vent
Bonnet lifters
Red Dot 20 groove discs and Mintex pads
Nomad Pillar Pod with boost and oil guages
Volts guage in carbon fibre centre console panel

Ran a 15.2 at Santa Pod without decat, fmic and with poorly setup boost. I would be hoping for closer to 15 with all of the above fitted.

This is my favourite pic....

IMG_6269.jpg

And a slightly older pic of the engine bay.

Photo-0172.jpg

Some more I found from the Pod.

152057-vi.jpg

160652-vi.jpg

174044-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Fast Finger said:
I like it, nice smooth lines.

How did you manage to get that for £400?
The guy needed rid and I could pick it up the next day I suppose. I think he had had enough of it as it was leaking petrol and wanted to get rid of it. He had a Focus ST coming the next day I think.

It will be staying on the standard rims as well I think.

keep it on the std rims, they just look 'right' on a mk1

neat looking car, and you've got about 900-1200 worth in parts if engine and g'box are good enough not to need rebuilt etc.

Styling wise its done, don't do anything else to it. just keep up the detailing and keeping it minty is the way forward.

Man the waiting to get my hands on a GT is starting to kill me :cry: only 4 months to go hopefully :eek:

Looks awsome mate, nice and sutble. Keep it that way. I agree with faster4tec, the styling is done imo :slayer:

It ran a 15.2 at pod on its current spec, thats quite impressive (y) I look forward to seeing it sometime next year at pod with the additions that you listed above :D

Oh as for the fmic, I heard that the P38 (Land Rover) one is a better fit for the GT iirc. Could be wrong but worth pointing out ;)

Yea as I said I would be looking for a bit quicker with the fmic and decat and the ability to set the boost up properly.

The Saab fmic fits using the original piping, and I got it pretty cheaply.

Im not changing anything to do with the exterior, maybe medium tints in the rear, but thats not something Im racing to do.

The GT has been out of the garage over XMas to have a few bits fitted, Ive almost finished fitting the fmic. Just need to finish putting one pipe on and its done. Unfortunately being down there fitting it, I realised my rad is on its way out so thats another job to get done.

Photo-0053.jpg

PC250075.jpg

The FMIC isnt wet its just shiny from the lacquer.

Just been charging the battery so thought Id try and get rid of the rust on the battery tray using the rust convertor stuff I had.

PC250083.jpg

I fitted my dual stage boost controller and the switch below the radio. The boost controller is mounted the wrong way round but it is the best way it fitted and can easily be adjusted like it is.

PC250074.jpg

PC250073.jpg

Still got to fit the oil catch tank, boost and volts carbon look gauges in Nomad pillar, red dot 20 grooves, mintex pads, downpipe, decat and lag the mo-fo.

Last edited:
The GT has been out of the garage over XMas to have a few bits fitted, Ive almost finished fitting the fmic. Just need to finish putting one pipe on and its done. Unfortunately being down there fitting it, I realised my rad is on its way out so thats another job to get done.

Photo-0053.jpg

PC250075.jpg

The FMIC isnt wet its just shiny from the lacquer.

Just been charging the battery so thought Id try and get rid of the rust on the battery tray using the rust convertor stuff I had.

PC250083.jpg

I fitted my dual stage boost controller and the switch below the radio. The boost controller is mounted the wrong way round but it is the best way it fitted and can easily be adjusted like it is.

PC250074.jpg

PC250073.jpg

Still got to fit the oil catch tank, boost and volts carbon look gauges in Nomad pillar, red dot 20 grooves, mintex pads, downpipe, decat and lag the mo-fo.

coming along now mate.

Back