General My poor car rear ended at the lights

Currently reading:
General My poor car rear ended at the lights

Martine

Fiat Toffee centre
On tuesday morning I was rear ended at the lights on the way to work. :( As i was setting off I was forced to stop because of the traffic ahead and a refridgerated fish van went into the back of me.

Gutted

car.jpg

most of the damage is cosmetic bumper, number plate lights, osr and nsr lights, mesh on bumper need replacing.
Structure wise the back panel does too, is not badly damaged just been pushed forward so the boot doesn't catch without slamming it really really hard (which i don't have the energy to do - needs an angry man lol)
I took it to a garage for a quote on the way back after the accident and was quoted at £1100 to have it all repaired to how it was before (parts £350ish labour £500ish the £150ish for paint and then vat on top.)

I'm gutted cos someone told me the book price for a Fiat Seicento Sporting with abarth kit with 37k on the clock in v good cond is only £1000-£1200 :mad: so it might get written off cos its too uneconmonical to repair

The car is currently with a third party company who provided me with a courtesey car and are dealing with the other guys insurance (i'm not fully comp). They will get someone out to assess it offically, hopefully soon I will know if it can be repaired or beyound econmonical repair and if so how much to buy it back.

Just when I'd sorted my new alloys too :eek: lol

Lol @ whiplash, lucky i saw him coming so braced myself and as i was about to move off anyway (clutch in, handbrake off) the car rolled forward.

If its a write off firsty I'll be trying to buy this one back as apart from the damage the rest ie interior paintwork etc is in such good condition not a spot of rush or scratches anywhere. Its recently had a full SS exhaust system fitted with lifetime guarantee, serviced etc etc, also to get one of the same spec etc on autotrader would cost around £1800

Boot floor was checked by the garage that gave me the estimate (rac/cis and a million other garages approved) and its okay (phew)

oh and if its written off i'll have to buy another one lol cos i have new alloys arriving for one soon! and i had so many plan for mine

Last edited:
no you DIDNT see him coming and DIDNT brace yourself. shock can hide injuries until later on you know! id visit the docs or a&e tomorrow with a 'sore' neck. im sure itll hurt whenever they try turning your head.;)

Oh no, glad you feel alright, seriously though get to a docs lay it on, and then claim for the shock, emotional distress etc, get your money out the theiving insurance companies, so many other people do this, so whilst you have chance milk it. You might get a slab of money, just think of the mods you could buy with it.

Hope it all sorts itself quickly for you.

Why taint a legitimate claim with lies? fair enough if you actually *are* hurting at the neck etc, and by all means go to a docs just to ensure that nothing is out of place etc, but this thread is a perfect display of the kind of attitude that is sending this country downhill, soon we will be like the americans in regards to claims and sueing etc. (n)

:yeahthat:

What he said.

And nobody wants to be put in the same boat as the Americans....... they'd probably sink it..... by accident..... and then sue someone for it!!!

GhostWKD said:
Why taint a legitimate claim with lies? fair enough if you actually *are* hurting at the neck etc, and by all means go to a docs just to ensure that nothing is out of place etc, but this thread is a perfect display of the kind of attitude that is sending this country downhill, soon we will be like the americans in regards to claims and sueing etc. (n)

My point is that insurance companies expect you to claim for personal injury. That's part of the reason why they will give you a crap offer for your car. I didn't claim after my big crash - truth is though that I was aching and hurting for weeks after although I didn't feel it for days after the crash.

Being rear-ended puts strain on your neck that an airbag or head rest cannot protect you from. Get it checked.

As for the sue and be sued attitude.. There are so many chavs sueing everyone left right and centre that its about time we got back some of the money we put in; as I'm damn sure your average chav take a damn sight more than he puts in. (n)

blimey what madness the thread caused!

I'm okay :) what goes around comes around. I got £800 from Warrington borough council after riding my bike down a hole that was covered by long grass (quite embarrasing really).

My mums boyfriend had his car rear ended on saturday, he saw someone skidding towards him in the snow so he stopped and the guy behind went into him :eek:

I'm driving bout in a micra til the assessor has decided whats happeing to the car

fingers crossed i should know by wed :)

lol the funny thing is, that the micra is bigger than the seicento :cool:

Found out today the guy has admitted liability but his employer don't want to go through the insurance........yeah! So it may be more likley that the car will be repaired and back on the road as there won't be an insurance company to write it off as uneconomical:) :D

Back