Panda Selecta02.JPG

Panda (Classic) My Panda Selecta

Introduction

Here are some pics of my Panda Selecta. I bought the car late last year from a garage in Weston Super Mare who had taken it in from an elderly lady who had given up driving. She bought it new and in nearly 20 years only covered 13,000 miles in it. The car came with a wallet of all previous bills, MOTs and the original dealer invoice. It drove faultlessly back to Yorkshire - probably the first time it had ever been on a motorway. The following day the exhaust partially fell off, so I replaced the full system. I also at this point had the cambelt, water pump and alternator belts replaced. There were a few parking 'battle scars' on the car which have all now been sorted and the next job is to replace the CVT fluid and clean out the transmission filter if I can't find a new one. The existing CVT fluid does appear to be ok and a bright red colour but better to be safe I guess. I have covered approx 1500 miles in the car and am enjoying what must be one of the lowest mileage Pandas immensely.
Here are some pics of my Panda Selecta. I bought the car late last year from a garage in Weston Super Mare who had taken it in from an elderly lady who had given up driving. She bought it new and in nearly 20 years only covered 13,000 miles in it. The car came with a wallet of all previous bills, MOTs and the original dealer invoice. It drove faultlessly back to Yorkshire - probably the first time it had ever been on a motorway. The following day the exhaust partially fell off, so I replaced the full system. I also at this point had the cambelt, water pump and alternator belts replaced. There were a few parking 'battle scars' on the car which have all now been sorted and the next job is to replace the CVT fluid and clean out the transmission filter if I can't find a new one. The existing CVT fluid does appear to be ok and a bright red colour but better to be safe I guess. I have covered approx 1500 miles in the car and am enjoying what must be one of the lowest mileage Pandas immensely.

Nice car you've got there (y) we did spot it in auction watch and I did wonder what happened to it. Must be great to drive such a low mileage panda!
I hope you get many happy miles out of it :cool:

Thanks Jamie. I watched it for a while as well before making an approach to the garage directly. I think the abysmal listing was the reason for the lack of interest - the car was way better than I could have hoped for!

Thanks Jamie. I watched it for a while as well before making an approach to the garage directly. I think the abysmal listing was the reason for the lack of interest - the car was way better than I could have hoped for!

Indeed, was a really bad listing! I contacted them and they sent me a lot more photos of it but it was a little to far for me to travel and view it at the time. Glad it got bought by a forum member (y) my Selecta has just gone past 58,000 miles and I thought that was low mileage, might as well have gone round the clock compared to yours though :eek:

Yorkshire you say!

Now then! We are doing well for Pandaers up north :D

I drove a late reg selecta from York to deepest Hampshire a while back which was very similar to yours, easiest drive in a panda ever (y)

Last edited:
Yes, Pickering actually. My drive back from Weston Super Mare was an easy run. I had my RAC card at the ready though, just in case!

On one hand, I don't blame you... (this was my first attempt at a long-distance drive in my own Selecta...) :eek:

...on the other: how dare you, ye of little faith...? ;)

Glad you made it back safely and easily. The Selectas are such fun cars to drive... -- which is why I must start thinking about getting mine back on the road.... (Eventually.) (y)

On one hand, I don't blame you... (this was my first attempt at a long-distance drive in my own Selecta...) :eek:

...on the other: how dare you, ye of little faith...? ;)

Glad you made it back safely and easily. The Selectas are such fun cars to drive... -- which is why I must start thinking about getting mine back on the road.... (Eventually.) (y)
That thumb up was for getting it back on the road, not the breakdown :eek:

I have offered my Selecta for sale on eBay this afternoon. I have taken on an Alfa Romeo project and I need the space and the cash. I will be sorry to see the car go, but someone on here might be able to give her the non-Alfa home she deserves. I have kicked the auction off at £500 with no reserve, so what is possibly Britain's lowest mileage / ownership Panda might just be a bargain for someone.

Thanks, Carl.

Back