General My new Sisley 4x4

Currently reading:
General My new Sisley 4x4

See, thats how pandas are supposed to look. Either really durty or really clean ;)

See what you mean bout the headlight switch. Going to stick in a new relay and see if that makes a difference?

Jim

Going to stick in a new relay and see if that makes a difference?

I am seriously concidering sticking a relay by each headlamp to stop this problem, but do happen to have 2 new relay's sitting aside at the mo (one for the spotlight grille from Sam that's now on dad's selecta, but not wired in, and the other for the headlamp washers (so they only work when the headlamps are on) fitted to my selecta) but I could use one and get another to replace it (only £2.70 from Maplin electronics).

Jon.

See, thats how pandas are supposed to look. Either really durty or really clean ;)

If my on call shifts are right would anyone be interested in getting their Panda really dirty ?

You would be playing on the plains and have to cope with the usual ruts and puddles ?

We will have a Winch equipped surf with us, somehow I can see the winch being needed :eek:

All this whilst doing a treasure hunt !!!

The date would be the 30th November

Trev

So tempting. Althought I think I'm going to have beaten this by the end of the month very easily (and that's just going up and down the farm track to the farm house I'm currently in at college) :p

attachment.php
attachment.php

Last edited:
That looks clean Jon :ROFLMAO:

Lol. I judge it on the readability of the rear numberplate, and when that is caked the comp goes to the readability of the front plate as that normally takes longer to cake up.

And I never once got stopped for an unrecognisable plate! (but I was sensible unlike most, and did clean all my lights regularly!)

Hell yea :D :slayer:

She's getting filthier as well. She already put's most 4x4's to shame just parked next to them :ROFLMAO:

:)It's all very strange, isn't it ?
As I've been re-building 'freak', I've found myself cleaning each and every component as I refit it !:eek:
It's all a bit worrying ... by the time I hit the road again, it will be in a shiny car !

Bring on the mud :devil:

Hope it's good to you but do clean it the odd time, hehe:p

Lol. When at college to be honest, I'm not going to bother, because it'll only be like that again within a week (bear in mind it was clean when I started driving her only 2 weeks ago this Sunday coming, and most of that is going up the track to the house and not off roading :eek:)

But come holidays when she's at home for a few days she'll be cleaned and polished :D

:bang:

And the de-funct headlight switch :eek:
DSC07570.JPG

Right, the bloody sisley is currently frazzeling its current (replacement/2nd) headlamp switch :mad:

I was thinking about the headlamp switch problem and thinking that it might not be the headlamps burning them out because of the relay fitted, but could be the dimmed/dip that the Panda's have. :idea:

Could someone if possible label the above pins for me so I can work out that the really melted one is connected to please (y)

Currently having to go around with headlamps always on because I dread turning them off incase they fail to re-light :p

Jon.

Hello Jon.
Looking at your picture, reading from left to right, D-C-B-A.

" B " is the badly melted one.

Rgds.

Forgive me Jon, I forgot a couple of old pictures for you !!!

These are for the unexpected offroad section

Firstly we have the Landcruiser which went for an outing when the paint was still wet behind the ears :D

lc.jpg

and now guess the car !!

it.JPG

Trev

A porsche cayenne. I assume it's lost? I can't see Sainsbury's anywhere. :confused:

You got it, the nutter took it to Devil's pit, with ROAD tyres - yep it's stuck :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

As regards the LC you will note it has NO snorkel, I would love to see the mechanic's face when he took in for a service !!! :eek: :eek:

A BMW X5 did appear on a plains run, but scarpered when we beckoned him over - admittedly he would have to have gone through 2 ft of water :devil:

Trev

You got it, the nutter took it to Devil's pit, with ROAD tyres - yep it's stuck :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

They paid all that for a porche and couldn't even afford off road tyres :p

My Sisley done better than that in comparison with £16.99 budget tyres, is was only when it sunk because I stopped that it got stuck, but a good ole Defender 90 and a tow cable between our tow bars soon sorted that out :p

Back