6042backpunto.jpg

Punto (Mk1) My new punto... standard...

Introduction

After the 'incident'... i have bought a new (to me) punto...

Punto 60S Team 55000 miles

£1200

6042backpunto.jpg

6042sidepunto.jpg
this is just a question...

but why are you spending money doing these little bits to a basic punto when you could have just bought a higher model? surely with the amount your spending on these mods plus the original price of the car it could have been done?

just a thought anyway, car looks OK.

Alroy said:
this is just a question...

but why are you spending money doing these little bits to a basic punto when you could have just bought a higher model? surely with the amount your spending on these mods plus the original price of the car it could have been done?

just a thought anyway, car looks OK.

thats not the point of modifying to me, it is about customising what u have available at the time.... have a look at alania's cinq, it was on a stand at donny south the other week and started life as a 899 cinq sx!

adam.... keep it up man lookin good! (y)

When you're purchasing a new car, you get to pick the options, seat fabrics, colours, trim etc, but when buying 2nd Hand to a budget, you have to get the best you can find, and then work it to get exactly what you want.

Also, it gives me something to do, I have my car to pass time when I am bored, and give me a reason to come on here.

It's all about improvising...

activematt said:
I thought the whole idea of modding was throwing stupid amounts of money at a car, and getting nothing back more than personal enjoyment! (and a lovely collection of receipts!)

Sounds like me just without the receipts :D

Looking good mate but what colour are the seats then?

fiatpuntosx said:
do you ever think it would have been alot easier to buy an sx? granted you have the satisfaction of doing it yourself, courage, best of luck :)

I think in some cases thats the equivalent of saying 'why don't you just buy a ferrari?' IYKWIM :)

don't get me wrong, i didn't say what i said because i think it's a silly idea.

i wouldnt be posting here if i wasn't into modifying... i just don't really see the logic in buying a car then spending more money trying to turn it into the next model up or whatever.

one thing i've found out from working on a couple of cars of my own is that the 'impulse buys' people often come across can often add up to a more drastic looking modification.

my opinions anyway, not trying to cause commotion in this thread :cool:

As I said at the bottom of my original post, opinions are welcome. I wouldn't have posted the pics if I didn't want to know what other people think.

The reason I did it this way round was simply for the available funds at the time, and the fact that if I'd have bought an SX for the same money it would have been 2/3 years older. Owning a T-reg is better imo than a P-reg just because it had stuff I could get for a couple of hundred pounds.

As some people may remember, there were exceptional circumstances around why I had to get a new car...

Back