P090408_15.33.JPG

Introduction

When i bought here she had no alloys, brakes were sqeeky, needed a new headlight bulb, some fuses were blown & tail pipe was limp (as usual). But now she is just right(y)(y):D:D oh by the way i crashed my first baby ("the beast") and she was perfect.

so here is the beast :bang::bang::bang:
hi what do u think the car is like to drive. i am picking up my fiat stilo tonight. does yours have the sat nav unit. i am thinking of buying 1 and putting it in myself but not sure if it will be a straight swap

stevespaggy

hi what do u think the car is like to drive. i am picking up my fiat stilo tonight. does yours have the sat nav unit. i am thinking of buying 1 and putting it in myself but not sure if it will be a straight swap

stevespaggy

If you're coming out of another fiat like me (brava to the stilo) it's a completely different experience. The one thing that has been noted is that the handling is not one of it's best features (needs lowering check stilo section loads of threads on this) but it is a brilliant car to own (given that you know what to look out for and the common faults) and it's got quite a few toys . As for the connect nav no it's not a straight swap Adamcot did it on his 1.6 and there is some fiddling about, there are also not the best in the world and for how much they cost they aren't worth it IMO.

Cool i will take them off when i next get a chance. Bit busy over the weekend with work commitments but they are all yours mate. ERM.. I can post or meet you half way if you live in Crewe, Knutsford Services? what ever you like

Thanks mate Knutsford services is about spot on good Photo op as well and meet another FF member

Last edited:
Just doen somemore work on the car. I now have an armrest but I need get the lid retrimmed to match the interior. Here goes

IMAGE_027.jpg

IMAGE_028.jpg more secret storage

IMAGE_029.jpg even my ipod has a perfect slot for it

IMAGE_031.jpg

IMAGE_032.jpg

Comments welcome

Thanks Fellas. Nope the seats won't be leathered up (the Mrs would kill me).....the lid was leathered up to keep in theme with rest of the centre console as I have put in leather gaitors for the gear stick and handbrake.

I decided that I would have to cover the bolts and metal bits so I fashioned a nice ickle plastic plate for it here goes hope you like

IMAGE_038.jpg the bolts and metal bits

IMAGE_039.jpg very nice work if I say so myself:eek:

IMAGE_040.jpg fits like a glove(y)

IMAGE_041.jpg perfect:cool:

Last edited:
It's been a while and I'm back but sadly not in a stilo:eek: .............. she went about 5 months ago and I got a 2006 B6 VAG SAT(y) she went 3 weeks ago and now I have a stealth bomber (tis only a 8th Gen Civic Type S GT:worship::cool:)

Any way here are some pics (Mods/Admin I will start a thread in the non fiat bit)
SDC10188.jpg
SDC10176.jpg
SDC10175.jpg
SDC10178.jpg
SDC10186.jpg
SDC10185.jpg

Very very nice. What they like to drive?

Thanks

They are very good to drive and have to say standard setup is actually quite stiff but she corners flat.....driving position is bang on and you have a nice all round view of everything

She is 1.8 140bhp and does require some reving to get her to shift (unlike the Type R) but that being said she revs all the way to 6k revs and can easily do 90+ in second...Sound wise they sound the dogs doodas and the overall stance on the road is ace .... What more can I say

Back