500 My new Fiat 500 1.4 Sport

OP
OP
Kay500

Kay500

Ohhh, cool. It sounds nice :) Do you have a link to pics of yours? It's not quite brand new, it's an 08 plate. Near enough though! It smells new inside, hehe.

mjsmke

Ive not taken any pics of mine yet. Will do soon. Its only done 501 miles.

Love the engine and 6 speed transmition. Its so much more fun than my old 1.2 punto.

OP
OP
Kay500

Kay500

Wow, very new then :)

I'm liking the 6 speed too, although eco: Drive says I change gear at the wrong time! Apprantly I'm meant to change at 1000 revs and not 2500. Nevermind, I'll get the hang of it.

I'll keep a look out for your pics!

mjsmke

Im changing gear at 3000rpm. Every now and then take it up to 4500 or 5000 to clear it out.

Stu DemonD

Super LOL!
Eco:drive sounds boring!! ;)

I have a 1.4 in my Panda - and believe me, it sees the redline a lot :eek:

Great car though, bet you are well pleased :)

Herchu

Mine is also yellow with the same black lateral strips!
Except the roof (retractable black crystal), it looks quite like mine.

Congrats!

OP
OP
Kay500

Kay500

Yep, I think its impossible to be eco-friendly in a 1.4 sport :p I'm doing the eco: Drive bit quite well (score of 70 today, yay!) and I'm still struggling to keep my average mpg over 40..

But then I guess I didn't buy this car to be slow :p

Do many people buy the Fiat 500 in yellow or is it not one of the faves? Tbh, I would have gone for white if I'd of had more money to spend :)

RobinPJ

Do many people buy the Fiat 500 in yellow or is it not one of the faves? Tbh, I would have gone for white if I'd of had more money to spend :)

But white is free? (Or do you mean punk white?)

OP
OP
Kay500

Kay500

I didn't buy the car new.. This was the only 500 sport I could afford in the whoooole country, the only 1.4 sport under £7000 (with decent mileage). So, I blamed the colour :) The fiat dealership were selling it cheap as they'd had it for over 30 days and needed to get rid. So, it was a bargain for what it is! It even has the automatic climate control, red brake callipers, all the stickers & official 500 car mats.

Herchu

I chose the yellow one because I didn't want to wait for the car (there were some fiscal advantages that I could use) and it was already at the dealer. Had the time to wait I'd rather picked some other colour not because I dislike the yellow but because I wouldn't have the guts to choose if from the catalog.

But now I'm fond of my car. Yesterday I were driving back home from work and couldn't repress a smile when Coldplay's Yellow played in the sound system.

RobinPJ

I chose the yellow one because I didn't want to wait for the car (there were some fiscal advantages that I could use) and it was already at the dealer. Had the time to wait I'd rather picked some other colour not because I dislike the yellow but because I wouldn't have the guts to choose if from the catalog.

But now I'm fond of my car. Yesterday I were driving back home from work and couldn't repress a smile when Coldplay's Yellow played in the sound system.

You should get red stripes to make it like your national flag.

Hy , did u have a issue with the first morning start of the engine ?

If u not have, please help me , and send me a picture of the ecu code, is on the battery suport, just take a picture.Thanks

Rocco Reviews

I thought the sports had turbo’s [emoji848]

Nope. The 2018-2019 500 Pop and Lounge have Turbos in the USA, and they replaced the 2011-2017 500 Sport and Lounge. So the “new” Pop Turbo w/ the MiTo MultiAir engine replaces the old 1.4 Sport w/ the 105cv MultiAir engine. It’s confusing