General My MK2 Uno!

Currently reading:
General My MK2 Uno!

Perkeleh

Hi there! Great forum :D
My friend Sorum91 told me about this forum, and I thought "What the heck, let's make a thread about my car!", and here we go!

The story

Earlier this autumn I decided to buy me a second car, as a cheap drive-to-work-car / backup, so I ran all over the Internet (yeah, not really :LOL:) and found me a little 1993 Fiat Uno 1.1 i.e.S with a great pricetag. Went over to the guy that was selling it, and had me a look at the car. In very good shape, except that the fuel pump was malfunctioning. Bought the car for 3.500 NOK (about 430 € / 380 £ I think) and towed it back home using Sorum91's MK1 SX ^^
Bought a fuel pump the next day, and got the license plates a few days later. But, after some days of driving, the exhaust suddenly became very gray and thick, so thick that I could not se anything but gray smoke in my rearview-mirror! Also, the car managed about 110-120 kmph at flat ground, but not more that 60-70 kmph uphill! So I drove the car home and disassembled the engine. After some research we noticed that the piston had a major crack, and the same cylinder had some scratches. So, the plan now is to get a new piston and get the car back out on the road!(y)

The car

The car itself is in great shape! The body got minimal of rust, scratches etc and the varnish looks great (at least after I got the car washed inside-out and polished) I have also bought a few things to "style" it up a little bit: I've gotten fog lights in the front (not original though:(), some extra lights also in the front, new seat covers, digital tachometer (also not original..) and a new stereo. As you can see, nothing big or fancy, but enough for me (for now, at least)

Some pictures of the "beauty"..

th_DSC00109EDT.jpg
th_DSC00086EDT.jpg
th_DSC00087.jpg
th_DSC00111.jpg
th_DSC00102.jpg
th_DSC00095.jpg
th_DSC00096.jpg
th_DSC00099.jpg
th_DSC00106.jpg
th_DSC00100.jpg

ARGH! These were supposed to be clicky so you could se a more high-resolution version, but the damn forum tells me that I have to make at least 5 posts.. I'll fix it as soon as I get 5 posts!
And if you still want to see high-resolution, right-click the picture > Select "View Picture" > edit the address-bar and remove the "th_" in "th_DSC00099.jpg" :p:rolleyes:

That'll be all for now, feel free to come with questions, tips, advices etc etc :D(y)

-Per

Cool (y)

Welcome to the forum... :wave:

The reason for the limitation on the pictures is that you should use the Gallery - see https://www.fiatforum.com/announcement.php?f=25&a=4 - and then add a thread to the Members Motors section (https://www.fiatforum.com/members-motors/?prefixid=Uno) which is now categorised by model. Your photos will appear at the top of the forum page (for the Uno section of the forum).

Images linked to external websites are not allowed... which is why you are having problems with the clickable thumbnails.

So, you should upload the pictures to your gallery and re-create your post in the Members Motors section, before another moderator reports this thread to me and asks me to delete this thread... ;)

-Alex

Last edited:
I am sorry for not having updated this post for like 2.5 months! Been busy with work, -25 degrees Celcius and other stuff.. But now that spring is nearby, I thought I'd stop by!

@alexGS - Sorry about that! I'll fix it as soon as I get to my other computer where the real photos are!

Major updates!
I've ordered several parts now, and the list is as following: 1 piston, 1 set of 4x3 piston-rings, gasket-set for the whole engine, clutch release bearing, a Haynes-book (for $0.99+shipping!) and some other stuff like oil/filters etc.
Some of the parts are bought locally, some of them ordered from within the country, and some of them ordered from Italy!
I've allready recieved my gasket-set, so the top with the new valve stem oil-seals are now ready for mounting onto the engine. The cylinder has been fixed with a simple tool I really do not know the english word for. But it's fixed! I'm hoping to recieve the rest of the ordered parts within this week or in the beginning of the next, so hopefully my Uno will be back on the road within next weekend!

Also, I'm speculating in fitting a FuelCat into my Uno. For those who does not know what a FuelCat is - it makes your car run on E85 / Bioetanol. The E85 here cost about 4 NOK less than Regular95 (about £0.50) per litre. So there's money to be saved here!

I also found out that my engine is of the FIRE-type after ordering some parts using the licenseplate-number (usual here in Norway) and the information stored on the national servers were wrong.. So from now on I only place my orders using the engine-code!

I'll try to be back with some new pictures soon, sorry for the long time since last post!

-Per

Last edited:
Back