IMG_0180.jpg

Punto Evo/Supersport (Abarth) My Grey Abarth Punto Evo.

Introduction

Here it is just after I collected it from the dealers (it's much dirtier now!):

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_01822.jpg

IMG_01832.jpg

IMG_01842.jpg

IMG_01882.jpg
  • Thanks
Reactions: IronHorse
Just read this whole thread taking me little under an hour :p

Apart from my eyes now feeling tired and sore; you have a cracking car there David.

Colour is nice, makes it stand out. Did like the scorpion wheels but the new ones are equally as nice if not better.

Subscribed to this thread, look forward to seeing any changes/updates. (y)

Same mats as me.... The Abarth logo gets dirty quickly.

David love your car I have one in campovolo and I think my stripes are coming off after seeing yours.

Big decision :bang:

I specifically asked for no stripes but at that point I'd only seen the grey with red or white stripes. The black stripes look quite cool but I do prefer the clean look.

Each to their own I guess but it is a hard decision to make.

Just read this whole thread taking me little under an hour :p

Apart from my eyes now feeling tired and sore; you have a cracking car there David.

Colour is nice, makes it stand out. Did like the scorpion wheels but the new ones are equally as nice if not better.

Subscribed to this thread, look forward to seeing any changes/updates. (y)

Thanks... Yeah the thread is getting a little long now. The winter is here so I may tinker with a few things and I may get some updates on the car before Brooklands next year.

Not bad!! You need to get it rolling roaded to see what your getting! Did forge map in your FMIC, WGA and Intake?

Tom

They didn't. I'm not sure what to do on that front. I'm fairly new to engine mods I kinda assumed I could just slap the parts on and buy a TMC box. I'm wondering if a proper map would be the better way to go?

They didn't. I'm not sure what to do on that front. I'm fairly new to engine mods I kinda assumed I could just slap the parts on and buy a TMC box. I'm wondering if a proper map would be the better way to go?

A TMC is almost like a temporary generic engine map, will just change the Air:fuel ratios to give a smoother torque curve it will ignore all other custom mods.
If you wanna get the best out of your new mods, a custom re-map will dial in all your new mods into your map and can be tuned to either push the mods to there full potential and give you potentially huge power gains, or a conservative map can be used to get decent power gains and improve engine longevity :)

Tom

A TMC is almost like a temporary generic engine map, will just change the Air:fuel ratios to give a smoother torque curve it will ignore all other custom mods.
If you wanna get the best out of your new mods, a custom re-map will dial in all your new mods into your map and can be tuned to either push the mods to there full potential and give you potentially huge power gains, or a conservative map can be used to get decent power gains and improve engine longevity :)

Tom

Cool... We shall discuss this more on Saturday. (y)

Right the winter is here so it is time to start thinking about the show season next year and what can be done to improve the Abarth.

I have many ideas but I'll keep them to myself until I have the money to act on them but one thing I do want to do is have the wheels done again.

Now the Supersport has been launched, my colour scheme is no longer unique. I fancy something different and top of my list is titanium bronze/gold. Like the ones in this pic:

6295781772_7705a61f2d_b.jpg

What do you think?

I was going to say bronze would look nice on your alloys. That would be my choice anyway (y) Best thing about grey/black/white cars - almost any colour would 'match' with a bit of colour co-ordination. :slayer:

p.s. Thank you for the picture at Thetford :D

I don't even know what a detailing day is, a day of detailing maybe? :)

I'll have to see what work is like for the next meet. Everyone's cars seem to be far outdoing mine now, so if we convoy, play nice! New car won't be coming until early next year (y)

I don't even know what a detailing day is, a day of detailing maybe? :)

I'll have to see what work is like for the next meet. Everyone's cars seem to be far outdoing mine now, so if we convoy, play nice! New car won't be coming until early next year (y)

Detaling day would be just washing cars and comparing techniques :) Probably not a good idea until summer next year :p
And if your getting a new car, then it has to be a fiat to be able to attend EI meets ;) The only reason we let Rigby come along is because he still owns a bravo :p Only joking dude.. or am I :devil:

Whilst FF has been down...

I have been tinkering with the day running lights on my Evo. I ordered some LED T20 bulbs from eBay for just £5 shipped expecting them not to work and I was right. Errors all over the dash :(

But it was worth a try for a fiver.

Here's the ugly looking bulbs:

Photo_2012-10-29_05_24_17_PM.jpg

Fitted:

Photo_2012-10-29_05_24_42_PM.jpg

You can clearly see the left is brighter that the bulb on the right:

Photo_2012-10-30_10_43_12_PM.jpg

Detaling day would be just washing cars and comparing techniques :) Probably not a good idea until summer next year :p
And if your getting a new car, then it has to be a fiat to be able to attend EI meets ;) The only reason we let Rigby come along is because he still owns a bravo :p Only joking dude.. or am I :devil:

Yes you are kidding(y)

I would also be up for a detailing day!:D

Back