IMG_0180.jpg

Punto Evo/Supersport (Abarth) My Grey Abarth Punto Evo.

Introduction

Here it is just after I collected it from the dealers (it's much dirtier now!):

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_01822.jpg

IMG_01832.jpg

IMG_01842.jpg

IMG_01882.jpg
  • Thanks
Reactions: IronHorse
Little Update... My little Abarth made a trip down to Goodwood for an event put on by Jaguar for the new F-Type and for us to get a ride in Fangio's C-Type, a D-Type and a balls-out racing E-Type. Any way enough bragging :p here's dome pics I managed to get whilst there:

IMG_7480.jpg

IMG_7479.jpg

And I got to park in the Goodwood paddock which was awesome!:

IMG_7404.JPG

Later on I went to a meeting with a company based at the Top Gear test track but couldn't get any shots of my car there :bang:

The next day I did a bit of driving round the back roads in Hertfordshire which were very muddy but I think the results were pretty cool:

IMG_7482.jpg

IMG_7486.jpg

IMG_7487.jpg

IMG_7488.jpg

IMG_7489.jpg

IMG_7490.jpg

IMG_7491.jpg

And I still haven't cleaned it!!!!

Nice motor David.

I see u toyed with the idea of wrapping the car but them changed ur mind.
I can tell u that, yes, wrap starts to peel off 1-2 year later and does look lil tacky.
Why dont you Plasti-Dip ur car then? They have all sorts of crazy colour there now and being liqied u can mix few colours together to get a one off custom culour. Also u can get it matte or get glossifier for that gloss effect or now they have new product called - Pearlizer. It gives u nice pearl effect, real nice. If u want more info, let me know, I'll hook u up with few links.

IMG_7487.jpg

Love the look of a muddy car that's been thrashed through the woods:D
I absolutely love your car mate, just sat through the whole thread like many others! I've always preferred the APE over the AGP but I'm gonna have to stick with my 1.4 8v GP for now haha :( one day!

The new DRL'S look mad..do the warning lights on the dash board show with them bulbs in? what size do i need and is it difficult to fit.

cheers

The new DRL'S look mad..do the warning lights on the dash board show with them bulbs in? what size do i need and is it difficult to fit.

cheers

Every LED bulb I tried failed so I'm back to the bulbs I have before. I'm sure you can get round it but frankly I can't be ar$ed!

I might look at other options later in the year.

It's got to that time where the Abarth needs some new boots.

I racked up 12k in 2012 which is more than I should be doing finance/insurance wise. Because of this I've barely driven the APE this year, instead resorting to a Mini Cooper S that wasn't being used in the family.

Even so when I took it out yesterday the front felt skitish. I checked the tread depth and its just above legal so I had to find something.

The same Pirellis are anywhere from £190 to £220 each and I'm not that impressed with them. So Instead I'm going for a set of 4x 215/40ZR18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport XLs. They cost alot less and come very highly rated. I'll report back once fitted with feedback on how good they are.

Michelin-Pilot-Super-Sport-Top.jpg

Last edited:
Back