Grande Punto My Grande Punto 2007 1.2 8v

Currently reading:
Grande Punto My Grande Punto 2007 1.2 8v

Hi mate, ive recently got a GP 1.2 active for my first car, and ive been reading up on the forum about putting 17" alloys on it ruins the gearbox due to the weight of them compared to the 15" steels you have. (i have the same ones) How are you finding the alloys you have atm?
Cheers

Was the car available with 17 inch alloys as an opt extra or did it only go to 16"? If Fiat offered 17's then it should be fine shouldn't it?

Was the car available with 17 inch alloys as an opt extra or did it only go to 16"? If Fiat offered 17's then it should be fine shouldn't it?

No It wasnt bought from a fiat dealer so didn't get to choose any optional extras :( Ive just seen 17s on loads of GP's but they arent mostly 1.2 actives /: they look so much better and give it a sportier look

You'll be fine. I've a 1.2 and my dads is a 1.3 MJ. Don't worry about it, they will fit. Just make sure they're 4x100 fitment and try on before hand, some might need spacers or spigot rings for a perfect fit but you'll be fine. I'd recommend 205/45 r17 tyres too. Currently have conti sports all around ;)

Sun is shining, weather is sweet :D

Attachments

• 1369401374464.jpg
    1369401374464.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 88
You'll be fine. I've a 1.2 and my dads is a 1.3 MJ. Don't worry about it, they will fit. Just make sure they're 4x100 fitment and try on before hand, some might need spacers or spigot rings for a perfect fit but you'll be fine. I'd recommend 205/45 r17 tyres too. Currently have conti sports all around ;)

Alright thanks for the help guys! Much appreciated

Yeah mate, I'm only after saying that on the Irish forum I'm on, it's shocking high isn't it :eek: Yep some lowering springs 40mm all around? Need it half comfy too haha. Will also get front mounts

Yeah, Eibach Sportlines FTW, they drop 35-40mm all round. I'm using them on standard mounts ect (only springs changed) and its fine. Little bit stiff when i take my 87 year old nan about shopping, but thats the only time i notice it :D

Definitely would benefit from it though. Number one priority in my book :rolleyes:

Nice one, sounds great! How long have you had them on the car for? The mounts are about 50 euro so not cheap... I can get 40mm Cobra springs with lifetime warranty for 149 euro I think that's pretty good!

Go with what you think is best. I went with Eibach's as they are the most popular choice for the GP. I've had mine on now for about 12 months(ish), and i love them. I just need to remember to not get low profile tyres next time and i'm sorted. For the ride height/quality i have now i have no complaints. I'd love to go lower, but couldn't justify it with what i use the car for (and where i park it). Not heard anything about Cobra springs, may have to read up on them.

Couple of tiny tiny mods for today. Wash and hoover tomorrow if we get the weather :)

Reg plate bulbs changed to LEDs

qn8x88.jpg

Seat belt covers.

jshz14.jpg

Picked this up in Argos, saves changing to a AUX supported Cd player, for now.

30tt9hw.jpg

Back