1.jpg

Grande Punto My GP and possible colour schemes

Introduction

Hey, thought id post a few pics of my car alongside a couple of photoshopped ideas. Got a 1.2 active GP with a K&N induction, Ragazzon backbox, Front & Rear abarth lights, smoked side repeaters, 17" Finichi alloys, MS Linea Race grille and KW lowering springs (hopefully going to invest in some coilys and getting her slammed soon though). Boot lid is still yet to be smoothed and ICE is still lumbered in my room. Suggestions welcome
Yea thats true...but they are commonly used as they do complement each other nicely. Another option would be to colour match the wheels with the front grille (Anthracite) and have the polished lip possibly in white. Also anyone know if 185/195 are worth stretching over a 205x17" 7j rim??

Yea didnt think it would be. Was just thinking about when i slam it id rather have the tyres flushed with the arches.

Whats wrong with the K&N? would you advise the GSR over it?

Basically they are crap. Its a bolt on filter that sits on the throttle body sucking in all the hot air from the top of the engine which kills performance. GSR pisses all over k n n's

Yea i can see what you mean. however, it is a more direct induction and it has a cold air feed. The gsr has such a long intake! if your modified it and somehow made it shorter then without a doubt it would be much better. Is it worth remapping a 1.2?? been looking at RedDot and GSR remaps and cant really decide whether or not its actually worth it. I mean ideally id start by getting a straight through and a new manifold but the insurance isnt having any of it (n)

Yea i can see what you mean. however, it is a more direct induction and it has a cold air feed. The gsr has such a long intake! if your modified it and somehow made it shorter then without a doubt it would be much better. Is it worth remapping a 1.2?? been looking at RedDot and GSR remaps and cant really decide whether or not its actually worth it. I mean ideally id start by getting a straight through and a new manifold but the insurance isnt having any of it (n)

To be honest induction will make the car sound abit better. Remap will give you some more bhp and torque, not alot though. But its up to you dude, your dollar! The different coloured wing mirror caps and a good touch to the GP, thats why I put mine black. Keep it up bud!

Car looks good, love the black gp's. Not sure what you mean by the induction bit there, do you mean you think the GSR is worse than the K&N because it is so long :confused: Its designed to reach to a place where cold air is available ( correct me if I'm wrong GP owners )

You hvea cold air feed that has to be long, the GSR works better for a number of reasons, dual cone filter, smooth flow induction pipe and direct fitment over the Throttle body, where, as said, the K&N doesnt

Jordan

yea thats true and in all fairness the K&N actually sounds alright. Yea i know! just got to decide on what colour combo to use (hence the thread lol). Liking your punto (lee) where you manage to get the abarth bumper from?? was looking for ages to try and get one before i decided to just invest in the ms linea grille.

Looks good mate. I think both red and white will look good on the mirrors.

Maybe do one of each :D

Change your orange indicators to clear ones as well, will look much better

Car looks good, love the black gp's. Not sure what you mean by the induction bit there, do you mean you think the GSR is worse than the K&N because it is so long :confused: Its designed to reach to a place where cold air is available ( correct me if I'm wrong GP owners )

You hvea cold air feed that has to be long, the GSR works better for a number of reasons, dual cone filter, smooth flow induction pipe and direct fitment over the Throttle body, where, as said, the K&N doesnt

Jordan

Not saying the gsr is worse at all. Yea its placed at the front near the bumper as it is the coolest place in the engine bay, but the K&N is a direct fitment over the throttle body. Iv removed my front right panel (where the fog light should be) and iv got the cold air feed from there all the way to my filter. You'd be surprised how cool the filter actually remains. At the end of the day iv got a 1.2 lol so either way it isnt going to change much.

Few people have said that. There 17s but the lip makes them look deceivingly small! Plus having a tyre profile of 45 and the fact my that car needs to be lowered more doesnt help in the slightest.

Last edited:
Back