MTEC_sidelights.jpg

Grande Punto My GP 1.4 Active Sport - New Orleans Blue

Introduction

Thought I would post a few pics of my car and the few mods i have made so far!

Mods Done:

Removed the Rubber Strips
Painted the top grille black
Vinyled the front
Blue Indicator Lights
Philips Blue Vision Headlights (Replaced Blue Lidle ones)
MTEC Sidelights (replaced Philips Blue Vision sidelights)
New Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-P800BT

Front of the car when bought:

Side shot with the side rubber strips:

Rubber Strips Removed:

MTEC Sidelight - Looked a lot better than the Philips Blue vision sidelight:

Painted The Grille Black:

Vinyl the front grille:

As it looks now!

I like what I have done to the car so far, but would like to know what you all think of it, and what I should do to it next! Lowering it will happen, and I want to colour code the door handles but sounds like it could be a complicated Job!

Ash
i've been considering de-badging, and after seeing this, i think im not going to bother...

it looks good, but just a bit plain for me!

get some red badges fella (y)

Yeah it does look plain, but I have grown to definitely prefer it now!

Ordered the red badges today, will get some pics up when I stick them on

Red badges came, and I am very very happy! Especially with how the red looks on the back. Just need to get the wheel badges now.

It also makes the back look less plain after removing the Punto badge, as the red contrasts a bit with the blue

Last edited:
Hi mate, sorry to open up ya thread again, just wanted to say i like what you have done with your car so far, its very much the look im after, im debating if i should vinyl it, it does look alot better, what did you use and how did you find doing it?:)

Hi mate, sorry to open up ya thread again, just wanted to say i like what you have done with your car so far, its very much the look im after, im debating if i should vinyl it, it does look alot better, what did you use and how did you find doing it?:)

That's fine mate! Yeah I like the vinyl, it gives the car a sportier, meaner look. The vinyl I used was matt black, and I found someone in the local area that supplied, cut and applied the vinyl for £17.50 which is pretty good.

Search for sign makers in the yellow pages and give them a call and see what they quote.

What have you done to/thinking of doing to your car?

Thanks mate!, not really done alot yet, gonna debadge the back punto icon and leave just the P, replace the badges to all red, paint calipers, add rear tailgate spoiler and sides, vinyl front bumper, tint rear windows and add sound system(y)

Im debating if i should add 17s, i got a set of stilo clawz!:rolleyes:, however i heard alot of probs on ere with having 17's on 1.2's.

I would change the car, but im saving for a deposit on a house so will have to cope with what i got, besides i think it will look cool and it will satisfy me when its done:):cool:

Oh and i bought some stripes, just low key ones for the bottom side of the car:)

Been looking at vinyl. Where did you get yours from? Dont wanna order glossy or one that doesnt stand all weather conditions.

Cheers

Alright mate!

Have a look in the yellow pages or similar for car sign makers. I got the vinyl (matte) cut and fitted by someone for £17.50 which is a pretty good price. I think it might be a bit fiddly to do yourself.

Nah, Tris your car is hot, but definately looks better with blue badges. Colour codes the whole lot, if you do the handles.

Red badges are better! The car looked a bit plain with blue badges. The red badges added a nice contrast to the blue and made the back of the car look a lot better after removing the punto badge! And the red badges are just a nicer badge.

In my opinion of course!

Back