Technical My fioriono does't want to start.

Currently reading:
Technical My fioriono does't want to start.

tony_m

My 1.7,97,TD has always been a bit tricky to start, taking four or five attempts to start. Now It doesn't want to start at all. I have stuck a new fuel filter on it and the air filter is ok all fuses check out so i am thinking it's either the fuel pump, fuel pump relay ( if it has one) or the imobiliser. I don't have the manual for it ( porters no longer print them).
Is this a pressurised system as i removed o0ne of the fuel pipes going to one of the injectors, cranked it over and there was just a few drops of fuel coming out. Is that right ?

My 1.7,97,TD has always been a bit tricky to start, taking four or five attempts to start. Now It doesn't want to start at all. I have stuck a new fuel filter on it and the air filter is ok all fuses check out so i am thinking it's either the fuel pump, fuel pump relay ( if it has one) or the imobiliser. I don't have the manual for it ( porters no longer print them).
Is this a pressurised system as i removed o0ne of the fuel pipes going to one of the injectors, cranked it over and there was just a few drops of fuel coming out. Is that right ?

if its a cambelt driven fuel pump which i suspect, you have now got air in the fuel pump, its unavoidable when changing the fuel filter, on the peugeots that i work on you get a rugby ball shaped pump to refill and prime the pump, i suspect this is where your problem lies! look for a pump type itme of some kind in the engine bay, if you find it, get someone to pump it while you turn the engine over!

not really a serious problem!!

Back