New_Car5.jpg

Grande Punto My Fiat Grande Punto 1.2.

Introduction

Last Week I Purchased My Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 I Get It On Tuesday, This Is My 1st Fiat I Have Bought And Seen As Im Young I Want To Make A Few Improvements To My Car. As You Can See Its All Basic On The Outside But Has The Fiat Stripes On.

Does Anybody Know If Its Possibly To Put Spots On A Fiat That Hasn't Got Them On? Cheers

Things I Want To Do
- Alloys
- Put Spots In If Possible
- Lowered
- Debadge The Front + Change The Grilles

If Anybody Has Got Any Ideas Of What I Can Do To The Car Then Feel Free To Let Me Know.
Re: My Fiat Grande Punto 1.2

I've decided I'm going to keep my car for a bit longer until I can save a bit more money however I've seen some fiat 17" mjet alloys for £250 I'm going to try and get that down a bit but I'm getting them refurbed to white for £50 a wheel now what would be better gloss white or powdercoated white?

how old are you mate? ive just turned 20 and im buying a T-jet in the next few weeks, my insurance is gonna be about 1.1-1.2k which is reasonable at this age.. and a 1.9 M-jet is only 1.2-1.3k, ive got a 1.2 like you at the moment and im having to pay 1k for that for some reason.

how old are you mate? ive just turned 20 and im buying a T-jet in the next few weeks, my insurance is gonna be about 1.1-1.2k which is reasonable at this age.. and a 1.9 M-jet is only 1.2-1.3k, ive got a 1.2 like you at the moment and im having to pay 1k for that for some reason.

I'm 18, 19 in the 1st week of September I'm currently paying £2000 on my insurance as I was involved in a car crash and it took nearly a year to get paid out. I've been paid out now so when I renew my insurance it should drop down a vast amount as I dont have to say I had the crash anymore because it has been settled.

ah okie, think it'd be best if you keep with a 1.2 for another year at least really then, its really hard tho, ive had to put up with mine for a couple of years so i can build up my NCB, but the frustration is over and i can finally upgrade to a T-jet without it hurting my pocket as much, but i dont think you insurers will be to please if you upgraded right now, but its your money i suppose n we cant really make ya mind up for you just give advice :) The 1.9 multis and the 1.4 T-jet are still only group 6 insurance tho, VERY low tbf, might be worth just getting a few qoutes when you come to renew.

ah okie, think it'd be best if you keep with a 1.2 for another year at least really then, its really hard tho, ive had to put up with mine for a couple of years so i can build up my NCB, but the frustration is over and i can finally upgrade to a T-jet without it hurting my pocket as much, but i dont think you insurers will be to please if you upgraded right now, but its your money i suppose n we cant really make ya mind up for you just give advice :) The 1.9 multis and the 1.4 T-jet are still only group 6 insurance tho, VERY low tbf, might be worth just getting a few qoutes when you come to renew.

Well I got quotes on a golf 1.6 and the insurance was 2.5k which ideally is a lot, but I like my car but now I'm nearly 19 I just think a 1.2 is slow but I'm going to keep the car for about another 8 months then see what I can get for it then the only problem is the car mileage is getting pretty high now for it's age thats one of the main reasons for selling aswell I'm just in a tricky situation atm

Ok thanks for your advice..

Just wondering If anybody thinks this is a good deal?

17" Mjet Wheels For £250

Thinking of getting them and having them refurbished white?

£250 for wheels then possible £50 per rim refurb total £450 your choice at the end of the day long while back now but only paid that for my white alloys with new skins from alloy wheels.com(y) probably dearer now but might be something there that takes your fancy or give your a comparison with what you decide on buying,but my decision would be to lower it first (y)looks mean more when there slow like mine and yours:)

£250 for wheels then possible £50 per rim refurb total £450 your choice at the end of the day long while back now but only paid that for my white alloys with new skins from alloy wheels.com(y) probably dearer now but might be something there that takes your fancy or give your a comparison with what you decide on buying,but my decision would be to lower it first (y)looks mean more when there slow like mine and yours:)

Yeah I'm not bothering with the alloys as he won't lower the price :( yeah I'm looking to get it lowered but trying to find a place to actually fit the springs for you is a joke as they just want to charge me around £100 which personally I think is a lot of money

So Today I Gave The Car A Clean And I Finally Decided To Get Rid Of The Punto Sign Off The Back Of My Car :)

Then Last Night I Decided To Spray Up My Debadged Grill To White. However Im Unsure Whether The Debadged Grill Is Better Than The Original Fiat One I Had Which I Painted White.

What Do You Reckon?

Bare In Mind I Need To Paint The Bottom Grill Again As Its Chipped :(

Finally Ive Bought Fog Lights For The Car They Have Been Shipped So Should Have Them Soon And They Will Be Fitted Next Week Hopefully.

Hey rich, you've done a great job at pulling off the white grill look!! this is the first car i like with them on :) congrats. lookin nice.
Btw what did you use to get your punto badge off without marking the car at all??

Hey rich, you've done a great job at pulling off the white grill look!! this is the first car i like with them on :) congrats. lookin nice.
Btw what did you use to get your punto badge off without marking the car at all??

Thanks For That Comment :) I Simply Used An Old Credit Card That I Didnt Need Anymore Simply Slid It Behind The Letters And Just Moved It Around The Letter And It Simply Came Off. Then Washed The Car Cleaned It Up Then After Cleaning I Used The Shammy To Scrub Any Remaining Parts That Was Left. Once It Was All Dry I Simply Got The T-Cut Out And Rubbed It Over Where The Letters Was And It Was Gone :)

Added New Silver Side Repeaters Bulbs And Number Plate Lights Xenon Look :slayer:

With regards to the golf, a 1.6 honestly won't be worth the insurance rise. My mates got one, he gets 35ish MPG and its not as quick as you'd think. I'm 18 I've got a 1.9 Mjet I'm paying £1,600 but I'm 19 in Oct with 2 years NCB and my renewal is £985.. Soon goes down! Thats on my own policy with no additional drivers.

Lovely looking car though btw, and I agree with an earlier post you've pulled off the white grill lovely (y)

With regards to the golf, a 1.6 honestly won't be worth the insurance rise. My mates got one, he gets 35ish MPG and its not as quick as you'd think. I'm 18 I've got a 1.9 Mjet I'm paying £1,600 but I'm 19 in Oct with 2 years NCB and my renewal is £985.. Soon goes down! Thats on my own policy with no additional drivers.

Lovely looking car though btw, and I agree with an earlier post you've pulled off the white grill lovely (y)

The only problem is due to me being just a additional driver on my dads insurance I havent been able to build up any no claims due to my 1st car getting rit off it bumped my insurance but bare in mind the crash wasn't my fault lol. But the insurance claim has been settled now so hopefully I'll move to a 1.9 mjet very soon within about 8 months.

And thanks for the comments about my car :)

So I got a bit bored last night and I still had a bit of primer and white paint left from spraying up my grill so I decided to paint a few things in my car...

I want to paint the speedo surround but unsure on how to remove it I've had a look around but cant find nothing that actually helps me. I wouldn't mind spraying up the air vents aswell but yet again unsure on how to remove all of them?

Back