New_Car5.jpg

Grande Punto My Fiat Grande Punto 1.2.

Introduction

Last Week I Purchased My Fiat Grande Punto 1.2 I Get It On Tuesday, This Is My 1st Fiat I Have Bought And Seen As Im Young I Want To Make A Few Improvements To My Car. As You Can See Its All Basic On The Outside But Has The Fiat Stripes On.

Does Anybody Know If Its Possibly To Put Spots On A Fiat That Hasn't Got Them On? Cheers

Things I Want To Do
- Alloys
- Put Spots In If Possible
- Lowered
- Debadge The Front + Change The Grilles

If Anybody Has Got Any Ideas Of What I Can Do To The Car Then Feel Free To Let Me Know.
Re: My Fiat Grande Punto 1.2

Yeah I know I wasn't going to get them anyway :) can't risk it lol I want to try and swap my car for a 1.4 just thinking about my insurance though it's going to kill me lol

Update:

Finally Got Round To Getting A Boot Build Done, Its Not Installed Yet I Just Placed The Subs In Today To See What It Looks Like. I've Carried The Grey And White Colour Scheme On Throughout The Boot And Overall I'm Pleased With The Outcome.

Thoughts And Opinions Welcome

lovely looking car mate (y), shes great. the boot build looks brilliant to (y). u at any car shows this year?

Cheers :) I want to go to some shows but I always think my car ain't good enough to show off lol it's pretty basic if you think about it. I might considering going once I get the car lowered so it doesn't look like it's on stilts :(

Looks really good, just out of interest have you got the metal number plates? It looks like it from your boot build pic

I Bought Pressed Look A Like Plates Off Ebay, They Are Metal Though They Look Good When You Havent Got Them On Your Car But As Soon As You Put Them On Your Car They Dont Look Pressed At All :(

Considering Getting The Car Lowered, Been Quoted £220 For The Car To Be Lowered On Apex Springs With A Drop Of 35mm. Anybody Know Whether This Is A Good Deal?

Also Considering Selling The Car Soon And Moving To A Golf? Opinions?

you could get the better quality Eibach sportline springs yourself for 150ish then if you have the experience fit them yourself or get them fitted for like 40 quid. so i would say no to what you have been quoted.

edit:
the apex springs cost 110 quid new so your basically paying another 110 just for fitting. ridiculous!

Last edited:

It's trying to find somebody to fit the springs for me though I seem to be getting quoted a lot to have them fitted.

Looking on moving onto a golf mk5 1.6 just want a bigger engine now cause 1.2 is too slow for me plus the mpg is bad as I'm always on the motorway.

It's trying to find somebody to fit the springs for me though I seem to be getting quoted a lot to have them fitted.

Looking on moving onto a golf mk5 1.6 just want a bigger engine now cause 1.2 is too slow for me plus the mpg is bad as I'm always on the motorway.

welcome to the 1.9 Multijet ;)

my mate has a golf hes the same age as me '18' his insurance is sky high 1 grand more than mine. and if anything gets broken or needs replacing its gonna flatten your wallet more than a punto would.

theres nothing wrong with 1.2's nowadays because everywhere is built up and busy roads, there nippy for going in and out of traffic in citys, there not for track days.

if you want a faster car just upgrade to a t jet like sugested there alot more responcesive when you put your foot down

good luck with whatever choice you make tho

Back