my chinq is going to be on the road tonight

Currently reading:
my chinq is going to be on the road tonight

kurupt39

hey i have sorted me car out, insured it and repaired the battery. As well i am getting that part fitted today, so it is going to be on the road tonight and then I am going to start to learn to drive. The car i have has no rev counter so i am able to learn the sound of the engine instead and that i feel is better than watching a rev counter. Can't wait till i can drive it, as soon as it is out of the garage and on the roads i will take some pictures of it.

Sounds good mate, what was up with it??

I never look at my rev counter, i just wait for the bounce on the limiter then shift up lol :D

No only jokin. You can feel when a car needs to change :)

Good luck with learning [8D]

I had to edit this coz i put **** up instead of shift up :(

The cinq will return

I learnt in a Micra with no rev counter and then bought a Cinq without one. It's best to start without because you get used to changing gear when it's the right time, like you said

Sie
Black 96P Cinq Sporting
OMP Strut Brace, GSR F1i Induction, Pioneer ICE
routebanner.gif

I learnt in a 1.6VVTI Corolla with a rev counter but never looked when to change. Was used to driving off road but I am sure everybody who has been in a car a few times (as a passenger!) should know when to change up? I doubt many learning look at a rev counter, just listen to the sound of the engine (the corolla was a beautiful car to learn in!)

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.

I am a schizophrenic currently so please bear with me whilst I try to get rid of the 40+ personality.

I learnt in a Corsa witha rev counter. I have to admit for the first couple of weeks, it was hard not to look at it.

Smurfhead - would trade as Gaz but bit confusing with another guy with the same car on here with the same name. lol

Seicento Sporting (2001)

I learned to drive without but have now adjusted to life with. I generally shift up when at 5500-6000 revs - is this bad? :D;). Hope the learning is going well kurupt!

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with a Smiley air freshener​
</font id="violet">

I learned without one and now that I've got one I never look at it - I always change up quite early anyway, I'm never in a big hurry and it does wonders for the old mpg.

"The new rules are very simple, the FIA will keep them to themselves until such a time as Ferrari needs them" Patrick Head

I learnt with one, drove a car without one, then got a car with one, dont use it much mind!!

Tom (AofB)

GrpN Catback Exhaust system on...rattles like f**k, but very nice!!!

i was the same as most on here learnt in an astra with a rev counter and then got the punto which didnt have one now have one again!!! dont use it much tho, i change at the same helz;)

mikey
logo2.gif

something very different on the way, will prob be the only cento with it!!

Back