General My B needs new part for the windstop

Currently reading:
General My B needs new part for the windstop

Girasol

Hello from me and my B.

I have a original windstop on my B, but the plastic holder/support is broken on both ends. Now I'm looking into buying only that part without the windstop, but having trouble finding only that plastic part.

My B is Riviera, year 2000. So can anybody tell me is it possible to buy only that holder/support part or does it come only with the windstop?

This is what comes out on ePER for my chassis number, but I think that's not what I need, because this looks different from what I have. I have a windstop like pictured above, it's slightly bent.

Thank you all for your help.

Not sure what you are looking for here. You say holder/support but then show and ePER diagram with big red arrows pointing to what I would describe as a "fill cover".

Are the supports you are looking for attached to the windstop, or to the support structure inside the rear of the car?

The plastic red arrows are pointing at is the piece I need and its attached to the windstop.

Last edited:
I too have a Riviera model, although there are variations within that range, German or Italian market.

The windstop for mine comes up on ePER as the image below.

It doesn't look like the flat piece of plastic is listed as a separate item.

Attachments

• Windstop.jpg
    Windstop.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 89
I too have a Riviera model, although there are variations within that range, German or Italian market.

The windstop for mine comes up on ePER as the image below.

It doesn't look like the flat piece of plastic is listed as a separate item.

Mine was made for German market. I saw your picture from ePER, but that piece is not on the picture. So if I go and buy new windstop do I get that plastic to, although that piece is not on the picture?

That piece of plastic is all I need.

Mine was made for German market. I saw your picture from ePER, but that piece is not on the picture. So if I go and buy new windstop do I get that plastic to, although that piece is not on the picture?

That piece of plastic is all I need.

I believe the whole piece includes the plastic. But I'm not certain.

Mine was for the German market too, depending on the knowledge of your Fiat dealer, it might be worth taking yours in and getting them to check.

In the UK if you give them the part number to order, it's classified as a special order and therefore you cannot reject it. [well that's what it says on my receipts when I've ordered items]

Give them your car details and see if they can confirm everything and if it is the wrong part they will not charge you. The whole windstop is expensive for what it is. Fiat may surprise us by listing the plastic as a separate piece.

Oh and welcome to the forum, now lets see a pic of your b. There's a thread here.

Last edited:
if you know somebody that works fibre and resin, he could fix that easy...

Zem, I'll do that. I already tried to order that piece from that ePER picture in my first post at one small official fiat garage, but they told me if the piece is not what I need I would have to take it and pay for it anyway. So all try the same thing at the bigger official fiat dealer.

This part I found on barchettaparts.com looks the same as that part from ePER and that's not the part I need:

http://www.barchettaparts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=23&products_id=89

@F4usT: nop. Still didn't lose hope of getting the new piece :)

Back