IMG00230.jpg

Cinquecento My '93 1.4 16v Cinquecento

Introduction

Hi everyone,

After best part of ten years with various Italian cars, I'm now back where I started.... with a Cinq!!

I bough it already converted to 1242 16v power but it will be undergoing a lot of work to improve and tidy bits here and there.

Since buying it I've swapped the K&N for a CDA, I've re-fitted the orange front indicators and flushed the coolant and fitted a cleaner expansion tank. Alternator belt changed, that's fun with the engine mount being so close! Major service coming soon as well.

Please excuse the crappy pictures, my phone is rubbish!!

IMG00230.jpg

Rear window is tinted, that will be coming off:
IMG00231.jpg

Has a 1.6 16v Bravo TB, RR'd at 89bhp:
IMG00228.jpg

With my standard Seicento Sporting:
IMG00212.jpg

Lots of stuff on the to do list including fitting Spax kit (ordered), move the battery back in to the engine bay, moving ECU to other side of engine bay, polybush nearly everything I can buy a polybush for, put rear seats back in, upper and lower strut bar and fit Uno turbo calipers! Should keep me busy!

Lots more little jobs need doing, car has been keyed so that needs doing as well. I might upgrade to a 1.4 at some point but I won't get too carried away yet!

Overall though it's a cracking little car, so much fun and once I've sorted a few bits (mainly the brakes and the suspension!!) it should be fantastic.
Reactions: blu73
Thanks for that, got some shorter 2.25" springs today though. From 9" length to 7" length.

WP_20150310_18_18_51_Pro.jpg

WP_20150310_19_25_42_Pro.jpg

The yellow thing is a spray can cap to give an idea of clearance. Could probably drop the coilovers another 1.5" but want the car to be useable.

Thanks guys (y) I like it too!

Went a bit lower on the front today, hopefully I'll still be able to get off my drive, bit of a slope at the top! Rear needs bringing down a bit next, didn't get a chance to sort it tonight.

Paint is starting to get a bit tatty in places, anyone got an idea of what a reasonable price would be to respray a Cinq?

Thanks guys (y) I like it too!

Went a bit lower on the front today, hopefully I'll still be able to get off my drive, bit of a slope at the top! Rear needs bringing down a bit next, didn't get a chance to sort it tonight.

Paint is starting to get a bit tatty in places, anyone got an idea of what a reasonable price would be to respray a Cinq?

It'd cost more than you think, but then, the more prep you do yourself, the less it'll cost.

I got a quote of £800 once, which is pretty reasonable for a professional job, but my car isn't worth enough to merit that kind of cost!

Please keep it silver :p

It will stay silver :D

Hopefully most of the stuff will come out with a bit of DIY detailing. Would like to try and do some of the painting myself but don't want it to look crap. Car is a keeper so don't mind investing in paintjob if I have to.

Beware the "Ye, I'll do it for £150 mate" patrol. They will spray you're rubbers, and windows etc.

Do it yourself if you want. It is hard, but once you get into it, it gets easier.
Don't be scared of making mistakes, that's how you learn. I did mine, it isn't perfect, but I did it. I did my bikes as well.

Remember centopainter and me are always about to ask.

£800 sounds good to paint a cinq nowadays, you've got at least £150 of materials. The paint etc to do my bonnet and odd jobs came to £100, and I already had abrasives and thinner etc.

It is good fun, I highly recommend it. But be careful, once you get the hang of it you start doing silly things. Like my cam cover, and my 400 superdream.

Wow, it's like car limbo. How low can you go.

I think I could get the whole can under mine, and that's dropped 40mm.

Even then I can't get it on and off the ramp, without scrapping the chassis rails on the wheel free. With as much ground clearance as you guys are running, I don't think I would get over the speed bump in work.

Impressive.

Wow, it's like car limbo. How low can you go.

I think I could get the whole can under mine, and that's dropped 40mm.

Even then I can't get it on and off the ramp, without scrapping the chassis rails on the wheel free. With as much ground clearance as you guys are running, I don't think I would get over the speed bump in work.

Impressive.

It's all well and good going that low, it looks ace, but there's no way in hell I could ever drive a car that low on a daily basis. The roads are in too poor condition, and as you've mentioned, speed bumps!

Mine's also lowered 40mm, and I get the occasional scrape. With 4 people in the car (including me) the exhaust is basically being dragged along!

I don't know four people so no risk in my car! My car is just a toy really, my daily is a Specialized bike!

When I was on the spax it did scrape a bit and the old exhaust hit the ground on the m1 once but my cybox system is tucked up close to the body so should be ok. Gotta build a little ramp to get off the drive :p

WP_20150314_17_36_16_Pro.jpg

Rear is now sitting a bit lower than in this pic.
WP_20150314_17_35_54_Pro.jpg

Bucket seat in, glad I bought the OMP subframe - made everything nice and easy
WP_20150312_18_52_32_Pro.jpg

WP_20150312_19_03_39_Pro.jpg

Most expensive air freshener I've ever bought but had to be done, it's an early 90s car after all!
WP_20150322_18_00_54_Pro.jpg

Tried getting the last two pics the right way up but it keeps moving them!! :bang:

Loads of other little bits done, should have two new headlamps before the weekend. Car is getting dangerously close to MOT time!

Back