General My 500 Sport - ready for the track

Currently reading:
General My 500 Sport - ready for the track

According to the email I just got there's an open lane track day at Bedford on Sat 18th April. Initialg and Rob, fancy coming along and we can see side by side what the differences are :)

mate i build race/track cars for a living, i also race in production bmw (pbmw race series) and have been for 3 years i know all there is to know about wheel,susp,alighnment ect and i know for afact a foo with 15's will outhandle a 500 with 17's ;)

Do you think that any of the above is relevant to why your supension bushes have been replaced 5 times? Do you drive your 500 really hard on the roads? If this is the case it's hardly fair to complain about a "fault" and lay the blame at Fiat's door when it is self inflicted and when nobody else would probably ever be affected with the same problem.

We have several owners on here with track experience and are obviously capable of faster A to B times than the majority of members, some also drive theirs on the track and they don't seem to suffer to the same extent with this problem.

Mind you, they will also have discovered the weak parts of the suspension and compensated with suitable upgrades/enhancements and hopefully the solid bushes you are fitting will overcome the problem for you.

p.s. I presume you meant foo to mean 500 and not fool. lol. when you wrote "I know for afact a foo with 15's will outhandle a 500 with 17's"

According to the email I just got there's an open lane track day at Bedford on Sat 18th April. Initialg and Rob, fancy coming along and we can see side by side what the differences are :)

sounds like a great idea, already tentatively booked onto a day at Barkston Heath the day after - could do it

what costs and who is the TDO?

It's £199 for a 6 hour open pit day, broken into 2 sesions with lunch in the middle.

What's your day before? Maybe do that one instead? What's the cost/location on that one?

Be fun to have another 500 to play with on the track. :D

Semi related to the topic at hand, does anyone know of a decent poly bush kit for the 500? I can't find one anywhere?

cars looks great on the white rims, has the engine been modified ?

Do you think that any of the above is relevant to why your supension bushes have been replaced 5 times? Do you drive your 500 really hard on the roads? If this is the case it's hardly fair to complain about a "fault" and lay the blame at Fiat's door when it is self inflicted and when nobody else would probably ever be affected with the same problem.
"

my missis drives the 500 ive used it.... twice i seem to get funny looks driving it (y)

Are spectators allowed in on these track days? Would love to watch you guys.

No way I'm taking my 500 round - not worried about the 500 - I'm too s**t scared :eek:

Cheers

Are spectators allowed in on these track days? Would love to watch you guys.

No way I'm taking my 500 round - not worried about the 500 - I'm too s**t scared :eek:

Cheers

yes spectators usually fine, sometimes you have to be a guest of a participant if it is on a military base and be signed on if you want a passenger ride

i started off on a parade lap session behind a pace car and got hooked

be good to see you there :thumb

Back