My 2nd car (Little project)

Introduction

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec
Front end damage
Most of the parts it needs are in the boot

Pictures:

DSC005362.JPG

DSC005352.JPG

The chasis legs at the front are crumpled and need replacing, went to ford, they wanted £100 each!! Went to a scrap yard, £10 for two (and they burnt them off for me), just needs a bit of fine grinding and il pay someone to weld them on for me! the only parts i need really are a bumper and new rad (a few odd bolts etc as well)
all together:

DSC005882.JPG

Nearly done now, all i have to do is align the bonnet, replace the passenger headlight, hopefully get a CD player, wash & t-cut, all the legalities (MOT, VIN Check...)

then its ready.... its sold once its MOT'd for £1300 :) would have spend just under £1,200 (including £50 tools, mot and VIN check, providing it passes the MOT)

Last edited:
Bumper before any work, wasnt happy with those spots, was going to patch that section up

next thing i knew, i had found little bits everywhere so ended up looking like this:

1st 2 coats of black paint are on but got no pictures yet, not ideal conditions for spraying but i had a little heater that i used and parked it partway in the garage

Havnt got pictures of the finished bumper because my phone has been in for repair for ages!! It looked a lot better but if you looked closely, you could see it was slightly dull...

However, the car is now dead again....

2 cars were racing on the opposite side of the road, one went towards another who tried to swerve away, they clipped each other, both hit the central resevation, one went towards the focus on its bonnet and smashed into it... the other spun off somewhere... 2 metal poles also went through the car, one through the radiator and the other through the window, taking a chunk out of the dash, nearly hitting the driver!!

Police arrived, the lad who hit the focus admitted liability (after trying to deny it) his mate got out the car and was shouting at him and said it was his fault.... he got done for driving without due care and attention, speeding, lost his licence till he has an extended test and has a court summons.....

All drivers and passengers were ok, apart from a bit of shock, whiplash, sore shoulders etc.....

This is it finished then?

Id take the cd player out of i was you and sell it on, they are quite sought after

yyup, thats it... unless someone else wants to fix it again! haha!!

needs exactly the same as what i did to it (wing/rad/bumper/grille/windscreen), but the chassis legs are fine and it will also need a new door skin and the plastic trim that goes from the front to back at the bottom.. oh and a new dash because the metal pole took a small chunk out of it (not important)

He's taking the CD player out and putting the cassette back in, it will need a clean as there is glass all over it... just a brush down or hoover will do

Back