My 2nd car (Little project)

Introduction

Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec
Front end damage
Most of the parts it needs are in the boot

Pictures:

DSC005362.JPG

DSC005352.JPG

The chasis legs at the front are crumpled and need replacing, went to ford, they wanted £100 each!! Went to a scrap yard, £10 for two (and they burnt them off for me), just needs a bit of fine grinding and il pay someone to weld them on for me! the only parts i need really are a bumper and new rad (a few odd bolts etc as well)
Hoping so :) only down side its its milage, its done 98k... lovely inside though, once the little bit of welding is done (some prep work to do before that) I'm hoping to update this page with plenty of pictures :)

awaiting angle grinder... and the car to be towed to the garage i will be working in :) it drives well but it's a bit illegal at the moment :/

Hoping so :) only down side its its milage, its done 98k... lovely inside though, once the little bit of welding is done (some prep work to do before that) I'm hoping to update this page with plenty of pictures :)

awaiting angle grinder... and the car to be towed to the garage i will be working in :) it drives well but it's a bit illegal at the moment :/

Just don't get caught doing illegal things ;)

98,000 miles don't worry about that, my Punto 1.2 is coming up to 131k miles and the engine is in brand new condition and the emmisions are perfect... Engines go on and on.

Sure it doesn't make it worth as much but if you take great pictures when it comes to selling it and give it a thorough Valet or Detailing once it's fully legal then it should shift pretty damn quickly. (y)

Cheers :)

its a 51 plate, registered september 2001

you mean the mk1 facelift? what are the differances?

and one thing im unsure about is applying for a logbook... it has been recorded as a cat C write off, do i just fill out a V62 "Application for a vehicle registration certificate"? or will i need a VIC before i get the logbook?

you mean the mk1 facelift? what are the differances?

yeah, its only minor differences new headlights with integrated indicators in them, new fog light posisitioning, new grille, new front bumper

Basically tweeked the front end, but not drastic enough to be a mk2 but too different to be a mk1 so its called the mk1.5

Its the mk1, not 1.5... the remaining part of the bumper has the indicator still on, i have the mk1 bumper anyway so if it was a 1.5.... its not now ;)

got the rad as well (off the same engine car but lower model) so possibly without air con, however, it looked like the aircon rad so i took it.... it is too big though, and has 2 fans instead of 1 and looks like 2 rads one behind the other.

worst thing is, i had the part number on my phone to check, but after i took the front end off the car, i just took it and forgot to check :(

got the correct rad from the scrappy, £15 :) all it needs is a small plastic tube (something to do with the cooling system, 3 rubber hoses connect to it) and then it will be mechanically drivable :)

got a quote to have the legs welded.. £200 because of the damage to the left hand side one, needs cutting further back (near the alternator belt) :(

Closer picture of the damage:

DSC005442.JPG

LHS chasis leg (the one that is the bigger problem):

DSC00545.JPG

Sprayed the front panel satin black:

DSC005432.JPG

The chasis leg should be done in the next 2 weeks (ish) :)

im not building my hopes up over profits, i would be happy to sell it for the price i got the car. bits and a few tools for :) roughly 1300 as the bodywork isnt brilliant! (and it is a cat C)

if you are going for it to be original you need to change the tape deck to a cd player, the zetecs came with a cd player

Cheers, thaught it was a bit odd having just a cassette on the zetec model!

Anyway, hopefully more pics to come tomorrow, the welding is done, so the front panel, side wing, radiator support and radiator will all go back in..

I will put everything else back in place as well, make sure everything works how it should then the bumper and cross member will have to be removed again outherwise it wont fit it the garage!

if you want a standard cd player i have got one and have a code for it as well

ill even throw in the radio removal keys

I wouldnt want a lot for the whole lot, let me know

if you want a standard cd player i have got one and have a code for it as well

ill even throw in the radio removal keys

I wouldnt want a lot for the whole lot, let me know

Thanks for that offer, how much you thinking?

i dont want to name a price that is too low for you, but at the same time i dont want to spend a lot more than i have to and its things like the cd player where i would cut back as is not vital or a safety compromise...

Anyway, few more pictures:

passenger side leg weld

Drivers side weld (this was welded further back, a bit behind the engine mount... to the left of the mounting bracket, that is a new weld)

Cross member in place:

Looking a bit more like a car (still a fair bit needs doing though! once the engine coolant is in it will be mechanically ready to drive!

Send me a PM because going OT, dont offer me anything less than lowish two figures though ;)

Back