General My 20v turbo project

Currently reading:
General My 20v turbo project

donny lad

well i thought id put it all down in one thread instead of making loads lol.
Now ive put this in here as it is a coupe engine conversion and i will get more help in here than anywhere else, hope thats ok lol.

Basically it started with me buying a hgt off ebay for £300 wich i was going to have as a runabout
pic110.jpg

The car needed a new gearbox so i set to taking my modded box off the green car and fitted it to this one.

Now even though this was supposed to be a stop gap between the conversion i still wanted a nippy car so i started buying bits for it i could take and put them on the 20vt engine.

I first baught a Oil catch tank
pic25.jpg

Then i baught an oil breather
pic34.jpg

Then i baught a K&N cone rated to 400bhp as i will be keeping this all way through project untill i sort my ITG filter out.
[
pic43.jpg

Then i thought i might aswell start porting the inlet plenum and match the ports up.
pic53.jpg

pic63.jpg

pic72.jpg

pic81.jpg

Then i baught some new couplers for it
pic91.jpg

I then ported and enlarged the throttle body by 6mm and took the hump out of it.
pic101.jpg

I then fitted my Tarrox G88 diss all round
pic111.jpg

I then lowered it 60mm on rear and 40mm on fron getting it to sit perfectly level
pic121.jpg

pic131.jpg

I then recieved these little goodies off a mate at a suppliers that owed me
pic141.jpg

so i set giving it a service, i service the entire engine lol get it looking ok ish
pic151.jpg

I get it running and i decide to take it out for a spin and warm oil up ready to put flush in when on my way home after a 5 min drive some a55hole decides to slam anchors on at some lights that were on green and then just drives off leaving my car looking like a right mess so i start stripping it looking for damage and find its ok so i start sourcing new panels. i eventually fnd these.
pic16.jpg

pic17.jpg

pic18.jpg

I then start looking at parts for the 20vt engine directly
i first buy this which is rated to 400bhp
pic19.jpg

I then buy a Gtec 2 chip
pic20.jpg

I then buy a fuel reg wich i am now selling to get a red one.
I then buy a T3 turbo and when it comes it is the wrong exhaust housing for the 20vt manifold so i put that back up on ebay and am now bidding on a Gt2860.
pic211.jpg

I then manage to bag my 20vt engine for £255 wich sould arrive tommorrow lol
I then bag a set of brembo caliprs and discs for £60 lol
pic221.jpg

i then buy some NGK iridiun plugs
pic231.jpg

So at the minute i am just awaiting an engine lift to take the bottom end out and replace with my 73k mile 20vt engine lol and let the fun begin lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah mate im going to be documenting everything so if anybody else wants to do it they have something to use as reference

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
yeah bud i was planing on having 15mm spacers all round to push wheels out to edge of arch to look that bit better.

yeah bud i was planing on having 15mm spacers all round to push wheels out to edge of arch to look that bit better.

you will probably need at least these to clear the brembo's bud. I need to run 20mm spacers on aftermarket 17's to clear them.

You will also need 16' alloys to clear 20vt disc/brembo set up. (y)

Hey Bridges have you got a members motors thread for your new coupe? Or a link?
I got a new Bravo in the same lovely colour ;)

Donny lad, is this any good?
Not sure how hard these are to find but here is a tow bar might be good for a van project
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180559704645
Not my auction just one I found.
Glad you sorted some repalcement panels
you will probably need at least these to clear the brembo's bud. I need to run 20mm spacers on aftermarket 17's to clear them.

You will also need 16' alloys to clear 20vt disc/brembo set up. (y)

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Cheers bud.

Well engine is dropped now just need to take bottom drivers engine mount off as it had siezed on just come in and am shattered lol.

Well the Bov and boost controller came today so thats more goodies, just waiting for the auction to end now on my wheels so i can go get them.(y)

Attachments

• 14092010.jpg
    14092010.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 16092010(003).jpg
    16092010(003).jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 22
Well this week i have baught a Garret t25 turbo, Red silcone couplers for the inlet manifold, An intercooler hard pipe kit and a red silcone vacum pipe to use with the dump valve and Fuel preasure regulator. ill post pics as soon as they arrive.

Hi bud i am aiming for about 300bhp plus whatever i get from a nitrous kit.

Ive just also ordered some 13mm silicone hosing for the water pipes that run on the top of the engine, i will be sorting the bigger fixings when i have engine in posesion as i want the cooling system to be as good as possible.

The turbo cost £120 delivered. bit more than i wanted to pay as i was after one of those gt2860 turbos from america for £270 but ive been told they are not very reliable.

Ive also started painting the engine mounts in post box red.

Back