Technical multiwagon third brake light problem

Currently reading:
Technical multiwagon third brake light problem

derekwatt5

Hi

does anyone have any experience with the third brake light not working? i was looking at the inside of the boot today and i noticed that their is what looks like to switches on the top of the boot lid??

But someone had put screws it to the plastic? I don’t know if these are switches or not?????

Anyway can’t get the brake light to work? Any ideas

Thanks

The LED brake light is switched on and off by the body computer, there's no switch that directly turns it on and off.

If you have access to FiatECUScan and a compatible cable you can connect to the body computer and activate the LED light from there to make sure its not a fault with the light itself.

The LED brake light is switched on and off by the body computer, there's no switch that directly turns it on and off.

Wrong way round ;) The high level LED brake light is supplied from the switch through a link between pins A15 and D5 of the BC, the normal brake lights are supplied by the BC.

Have you checked the fuse? F37 in the dashboard fuse box?

Attachments

• B Light Wiring.JPG
    B Light Wiring.JPG
    74.1 KB · Views: 139
My third brake light didn't work when I got my car i took it apart and found the pin had broken in the connector. Resoldered the pin it's been fine sence. Hate those horrible clips that hold the trim on.

hi guys

thanks for your help! not had time to check it yet, but will have a look at the weekend!

let you no how i get on!

Back