Technical Multipla Rear toothed hub ABS

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla Rear toothed hub ABS

charris

Hi
Can anybody point me in the direction of a supplier (apart from Fiat) for a rear drivers side toothed ABS hub.

When Hubbie had a look at it it came apart in two pieces - is that normal?

Local motorfactors only have 2 magnetic type listed with and without ABS.

Thanks to all for all the help with my previous problems.

Had both CAM and Crank sensor replaced at local garage, so hopefully my starting problem will disappear now. (y)

Re: Multipla Rear toothed hub ABS - Damsel in distress

Is my car wierd?

Fiat can only supply 2 types of bearing for my car both without a toothed ring. Don't know what to do now. Does anybody out there have a car with a toothed rear bearing/hub? The type where the sensor reads the castle type ridges for the ABS to work?:bang:

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

This is the part I got for my Multipla from shop4parts.co.uk

Rear Hub Complete (With ABS)

Part Number: S4P1285
Manufacturer: Fiat

Listed Price: £57.18
Our Price: £44.03
You Save: £13.15 (23%)
Please note that All Prices Exclude VAT.

Re: Multipla Rear toothed hub ABS PLEASE HELP!!!!

Thanks for the link. I've had a look but again it appears to be the one with a smooth magnetic ring. Mine has castle like ridges around it which the sensor reads.:bang:

Even Fiat only have the smooth ones listed.

The car has the same hubs on both sides, so it's really odd!!!

Thanks for trying though - I'll keep looking, but with the MOT at the end of August I need to find the right part soon.

Would changing both sides for the smooth ones still work with my car?

HELP:cry:

Hi All

Does anyone have a solution to this? Like charris, i'm trying to find a rear hub with toothed abs ring, with no success so far.....

Ever hopeful

:worship:

thanks
Andrew

Dumb question and I don't mean to insult your intelligence - but are you sure it is toothed??? Reason for asking is that I was changing a wheel cylinder the other week and was looking at the ABS ring and I thought it was 'toothed' as well. Anyway it looked dirty and so I cleaned it and underneath all that dirt was a smooth ring!! I guess when the dirt builds up it forms a toothed or 'castleated' layer for some reason or other?

Anyway give it a quick wipe and see what it's like underneath.

Cheers

Mark

Did some multipla's came without ABS ??

Agree with the exciton above. There isn't any toothed ring.

FBK%20715.jpg

Picture 1: Rear wheel bearing for all models of the Multipla from Firstline.co.uk

Last edited:
Did some multipla's came without ABS ??

Agree with the exciton above. There isn't any toothed ring.

FBK%20715.jpg

Picture 1: Rear wheel bearing for all models of the Multipla from Firstline.co.uk

I have a brand new castellated ABS hub in my shed (bought in error. See classified ads.) that disputes your above statement

Peat

Last edited:
Hi Mark, thanks for your message, yes mine definitely has a serrated abs ring on the rear hub, this was on some european cars apparently. Mine was an import from around 2001, so i guess this is why this part is not listed by uk suppliers.

andrew

Hi Mark
I have to thank you for your 'dumb question' and confess that my cheeks are burning with embarrassment! Having actually got the old hub off (had to resort to angle grinder to get the final inner bearing race off as it was seized onto the stub) and wiped it properly clean of all the black much, I realised it is actually smooth as you suggested! I could have sworn it was toothed! Anyway I feel a fool and have learnt 3 things: look properly at the thing you are trying to replace, dont believe people when they say it is a simple 20min job, brute force always wins out eventually. Many thanks.....
Andrew

I would guess the next time you change the bearing it will take you 20 min with the proper tools ready ;)

Thanks for this thread. Mine came off fairly easily, and I then put it straight back on because it had a toothed ring, and the parts I had been sent didn't. Or at least I thought it did - I'll take it off again at the weekend to confirm that I've been caught out too.

Strange how the mud forms into uniform 'teeth', assuming that is what has happened to mine too!

If anyone is still following this thread, I have a toothed (castellated) ABS rear hub for sale. It has done about 100miles only. I bought it new from a member on this site, by mistake, as I thought I needed a toothed ABS hub. I put it on so I could drive the car, and then ordered and fitted a smooth ringed ABS hub as replacement. Open to offers, pick up from Leicester would be best as it is pretty heavy, but happy to post if buyer is willing to pay postage.

Thanks, Andrew

Back