Technical Multipla AC pipes

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla AC pipes

julesh

My wife has just bought a 2007 diesel multipla which needs work on the AC. Our local garage tells us they'll need to replace the AC condenser and all the pipework as they all leaked when pressure tested but they can only find 2 out of the 3 pipes new and those at high prices and suggest she hunt down used replacements of those. This has been delegated to me.

We've got a print out from something called eper showing a line drawing of the AC components but this has no part numbers with it and it seems you can't logon to this system without a password. So does anyone know ...

What the Fiat part numbers for the relevant pipes are? There are various bits available on eBay and elsewhere but it's hard to match up vendor photos with the line drawings and I don't want to buy the wrong bits. There seem to be a range of condensers available.

Where a good place is to look for these - or do I need to find a breaker?

Did the AC stay the same through the life of the car or do I need to match the engine type and year?

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks. Found the part numbers.Not sure where to get them from as one pipe appears to be out of stock!

You'll likely struggle to find the pipes new with Fiat. They had a clear out of their stock of such things a couple of years ago.Which pipes are you looking for? When one of mine holed (it had been rubbing on something in the engine bay) I got it welded up. You'll need to find a competent aluminium welder though. The chap that did the work said they welded really nicely - apparently some types of aluminium don't.

Welcome to the Fiat Forum, by the way! :)

Last edited:
It seems I'm looking for 51745114, 51745116 and the one that is on the line drawing for the climate control (I'm not allowed to posts URLs) as No. 9 but not in the list of parts.

I can't do this work so I'd need to get my garage to remove the parts and find someone to recon them if possible. Are there any places/people that specialize in this sort of work, preferably around London, I could go to directly?

thx

You don't need pipe number 9. That EPER drawing shows only what the pipes look like on the older models with the number 14 dehydrator. The 2006+ Multijets don't have this part. They have the number 10 dehydrator integrated in the AC condenser instead, and the number 9 pipe is part of the 51745114 version of the number 1 pipe if that makes sense. This is also why you get no part number for the number 9 pipe when you put in your VIN number in EPER.

Had to replace the number 1 pipe in my car recently. The "joint" that is part of the number 1 pipe located just above the number 22 part in your EPER picture is mounted on the Multijets in what looks like the lowest part of the entire pipe system where it is exposed to salt in the winter and condensation in the summer. As a result it corrodes badly and in my case this is where the leak was.
The earlier cars don't have this problem.

If you can get a pipe then look up a company called "Bee Cool" as they can make pipes up at a fraction of the FIAT retail prices, well that's what it says on the web site...

Back