Technical Multipla 1.6 W reg ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Multipla 1.6 W reg ECU

MrBridger

Is the engine ecu coded in these cars of this age or can you just swap them out easily ?

Think the ECU in mine might be faulty but want to find out if i can just plugin another to test without causing any issues

cheers

Is the engine ecu coded in these cars of this age or can you just swap them out easily ?

Think the ECU in mine might be faulty but want to find out if i can just plugin another to test without causing any issues

cheers

you wont be able to just plug and play if you want the car to work as it should do. eg turn key, code lamp out, car starts etc.

however if you can borrow an ecu from someone for diag purposes then you could use the emergency start up procedure to bypass the immobilizer system.

pretty sure multiplas have this.

you wont be able to just plug and play if you want the car to work as it should do. eg turn key, code lamp out, car starts etc.

however if you can borrow an ecu from someone for diag purposes then you could use the emergency start up procedure to bypass the immobilizer system.

pretty sure multiplas have this.
how do you bypass the immobilizer system ???

Read the manual? It states the emergency procedure in clear step to step instructions - i believe its titled, in an emergency - it involves the clutch and the accelerator though, if memory serves.

just the accelerator pedal. and you need to know your immobiliser code.

Back