Technical Multiair oil leak from crankcase breather/ PCV - need a part number... pics inside

Currently reading:
Technical Multiair oil leak from crankcase breather/ PCV - need a part number... pics inside

Have discovered that the oil leak on top of my engine is coming from the crankcase breather..

2015-05-28_08_36_36.jpg

Have been reading this thread on a us dart forum with interest....

http://www.dodge-dart.org/forum/dodge-dart-1-4l-multiair-turbo/22639-oil-leak-valve-cover-9.html

seems it is a common thing and quite an easy fix. Can anyone help with the part number for the o-ring or a diagram of the crankcase ventilation on a 1.4 multiair?

OK folks managed to sort this so will post up my findings in case others need it.

I failed to get a Fiat part number but did get an Alfa number which is 0014457880

This is a rubber o ring which sits around a little "nipple" off the crankcase breather into the bottom of the oil seperator/ catch can which you can see is seeping oil.

The o ring cost around £2.80. Very easy to fit, make sure to do it on a cold engine, loosen the clips on the pipes going into the black oil catch can, then remove the 3 10mm bolts, the oil catch can simply pulls upwards. Then clean up and replace o ring, and refit.

Has cured my problem for now, let's see for how long.

I assume that the o ring must degrade over time and allow oil to seep past. My car has covered 49k. This leaking can cause an oily smell when sat in traffic and I guess could even leak oil onto spark plug 4 causing running issues.

Last edited:
Back