Technical MTA gearbox issue

Currently reading:
Technical MTA gearbox issue

OzzieD

Hi everyone. I am having issues with an Abarth MTA gear box. Sometimes when I start the car and select 1 or R the car will not move. I can hear the usual noise associated with selecting first or reverse but the car does not move. Previously I have tried turning the car on and off for half an hour and eventually it works again. Today I have tried flashing the battery to reset any controllers involved in gear control - this was successful I believe (though I cannot be sure after only two instances of trying the fix). Has anyone else heard of this type of issue? Thanks peoples ;)

Hi I am having exactly the same issue. Ive taken the car to an Arbath garage but because it didn't replicate the issue while it was there they told me there was nothing wrong with it. It's doing it quite a lot now and is driving me mad. When you say you flashed the battery what does that mean?

Hi everyone. I am having issues with an Abarth MTA gear box. Sometimes when I start the car and select 1 or R the car will not move. I can hear the usual noise associated with selecting first or reverse but the car does not move. Previously I have tried turning the car on and off for half an hour and eventually it works again. Today I have tried flashing the battery to reset any controllers involved in gear control - this was successful I believe (though I cannot be sure after only two instances of trying the fix). Has anyone else heard of this type of issue? Thanks peoples ;)
Yeah i've seen this. Its something to do with the drivers door. When I opemn the drivers door and don't hear the MTA motor spin up i know i will have problems. If that happens, close the door, lock the car wait 30 secs, unlock the car and open the door. always works for me.

Does this matter if you are already sitting in the car ? Please help 😪 ! Really bad when you are trying to reverse out of a busy car park, oh no won’t reverse and the person behind laying on the horn and cars banked up behind them! I don’t want to go to the shops any more !

Back