Technical MP3 Player??

Currently reading:
Technical MP3 Player??

Although not a hard disk MP3 player, I got me one of these last month.
http://uk.special.reserve.co.uk/q_GG6139_portable_media_pla.html

I wouldn't entirely recommend it as an mp3 player though - no id3 tag support!
However, it does record (3 hours with 512SD card) video at 320x240 and so I plan to fit a camera to my car and perhaps record journeys as 'evidence'. Also, if I get a camera on a rotating mount I could point it at the car next to mine in car parks and record during my absence for example. A million uses. :)
Oh, cheap and the screen quality is astoundingly good! I originally got it with recording RC aircraft on board wireless camera footage.

(y) Hi..Guys... Ive just replaced my standard headunit in my stilo.. The standard headunit in my stilo was single slot disk, with MP3 and ID3 Tag playback! All i use to do, was put loads song on CD (approx 200ish on cd as mp3 format). I replaced it as i wanted to hook up my amps, etc.. and the headunit isn't quite that Sophisticated to do so.. But the quality is quite good off it!

1.8Stilo said:
(y) Hi..Guys... Ive just replaced my standard headunit in my stilo.. The standard headunit in my stilo was single slot disk, with MP3 and ID3 Tag playback! All i use to do, was put loads song on CD (approx 200ish on cd as mp3 format). I replaced it as i wanted to hook up my amps, etc.. and the headunit isn't quite that Sophisticated to do so.. But the quality is quite good off it!

you selling it??

I am still not sure whether the Nav+ plays MP3s?!

I may just have to burn a CD later and bung it in; would be nice!

BUT if I got the CDC for the glovebox, will that also read MP3s??? I would still prefer to keep the map disk in the head-unit all the time.

I'm affaird that i don't wont to sell my standard MP3 headunit at the moment, even though im not using because if i won't sell my car in the future im going to have to leave my headunit in it!

But, here is a tip if any of you guys are thinking about putting an after market headunit in your stilo what you will need to do.. ...as the stilo has only 1 x 12v + power supply to the factory headunit! and aftermarket headunit require 2 x 12v + power supplies, so the easy way to get around this i found was after testing the power supply to the light in the glove comparment, which is 5watt and is fused bridged a feed from this; to get the wire through to the back of the headunit you need to take out your cooler box, which only 5screws n some pop clips. Then you can just feed the wire through andf wire up to your new headunit!

Hope that may be a little help to any of you finking about it!

Back