Technical MP3 Player??

Currently reading:
Technical MP3 Player??

seems impossible to get one from fiat. Uncle arnold quoted me £400 and I dont even think it was the standard fit fiat unit, but a normal sony that would cost £140 elsewhere

Well just got of the phone from my local fiat, they said its 290.00 for the stilo mp3/cd unit, thats expensive:<

Does anyone have a pic of a standard head unit fitted to one of them plates??? I want to see what they look like in the car:D

As I could get a very good sony unit for less than that with the adaptor

Last edited:
Its ok I found some pictures of a normal headunit in a stilo with the plate, If I can not get the stilo unit any cheaper i think i will go with this

Attachments

• clarion1.jpg
    clarion1.jpg
    331.8 KB · Views: 29
  • clarion2.jpg
    clarion2.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 27
Yeah i picked myself a jvc unit up for 200notes with MP3 and wma as well as a subout.

Not the best brand but cheap and very cheerful with 2 pre-outs as well.
Check out some of the deals in things like max-power fast car etc.... Normally some v.good offers.

HTH
J

i have a the standard tape player in my stilo and then had a seperate wire coming out thats wired into my 30Gb mp3 player i just need to sort it all out so it can be powered at the same time. To be honest it looks like theres to much plastic around the cd player with that face plate

i got a creative labs juke box zen 30gb, yeah the wire plugs into the headphone socket, but its not one of those tapes that has a wire coming out of it. I had it done after seeing a clio with it you can even get a mount to hold the mp3 player up but i didnt really want to have mine on show. I had it done by this little hifi shop in Reading that my aunties mate works at. I'll ring him and ask for more infomation and put it on here

Another option thats been playing on my mind for a while is to get the Blaupunct woodstock. can get them for £200 now and they are mp3/wma compatable, has an MMC memory card slot which can hold the mp3's as well and is also a DAB radio

its starting to turn that way about here, two digicams in the house with mmc/sd and a phone with an mmc card in it.
Im keen on the idea of it though. As I use the phone as an mp3 player it would be quite easy to switch the mmc from the phone into the stereo

jamie86 said:
In that case sounds ideal..... be warned thieves love Blaupunkt my mates was stolen form his focus then he gets a £1000 alarm after. Lol

Been a victim of stereo theft already this year :(
On january the 2nd of all days, good will and what have you, bah humbug to that.

That stereo was a Sony though. From now on the face is always off and taken in, not having the risk again.
Looked like a smash and grab but they seemed to know how not to trigger the alarm off in the rover (my fathers car).

Back