mould

Currently reading:
mould

so ive got a car stored in the garage(which yet again suffered an attempted break in last night! :mad: )

it has a leak in the boot but obviously now its garaged its notr an issue just now.
however it has a mould on the seats and trim
it rubs off with a cloth and i thought with a couple of weeks drying out(windows open)it would subside till it bacame a daily runner(needs an engine) and the heaters would clear it?
however when i go to check it the seats etc are covered in it.
so what can i use just now?
just ordinary seats cleaner foam or some of that anti bac kitch spray?

anyone had this and a solution?

Is ther air circulating in the garage where the car is stored? Cleaning the seats with water/cleaners etc is just adding more moisture to the mould. you would need to keep the car somewher that is totally dry with good air circulation and let it dry out thouroghly before attempting to clean it. Or hire a de-humidifier. good luck :)

there is good ventilation though it does get some water ingress on the floor under the door it dries out wondering if i should actually shut the windows now?
or just keep rubbing it off till its a runner and i can clean the seats/use the heaters regularly

no tax & a knocking engine so going no where :(

There is a product that is good for drawing the moisture from the air but I can't remember what its called.:( It is a sugar like substance, my mate has it in his caravan when it it locked up at the end of the summer season.
He has a bowl in each room and it prevents damp over the winter.
Sorry, not much help really.

There is a product that is good for drawing the moisture from the air but I can't remember what its called.:( It is a sugar like substance, my mate has it in his caravan when it it locked up at the end of the summer season.
He has a bowl in each room and it prevents damp over the winter.
Sorry, not much help really.

Think the product you are talking about is silica pellets.

okay so i got the car semi dried out then started using it and it dried out.
then gave the whole car a really good hoover in the back of the seats etc thinking i could get as many mould spores out as possible.
left the car to get fully dry
then shampood allthe seats,door trims etc and let it dry again
mould seems to have ceased now and all that is left is to give the fabrics another clean to remove residual marks

this is what mine were like

seat.jpg

then after

spray with stain remover!

jet wash!

they look like this and have stayed like this for the past 2 months! it never came back (touches wood :D )
c79a_1.JPG

never ended up doin the fornt seats (they went mouldy just dirty) as i never got chnace to take them out and now its for sale so wont be bothering :)

the only thing it keeps coming back on are the front seat belts :confused:

Back