Mouldy seatbelt (yuck)

Currently reading:
Mouldy seatbelt (yuck)

Since buying our Fiat 500 our Mercedes ML350 stands unused most of the time (which is a good thing as that way it is not consuming huge amounts of petrol).

However, one nasty side effect is that the front passenger seatbelt has grown a fair bit of mould. Which my kids think is disgusting.

Any recommendations for products to get rid of it. I'm not too bothered about it coming back as I intend to sell the car once I have spruced it up.

Obviously the car interior is a bit damp - buy an ozone generator. Greast bit of kit & it will kill all bacteria in the cab & so get rid of the niffs.

Thanks for the idea - it is a good one.

Looking at the reviews on Amazon there seems to be a fair bit of disagreement as to whether the ones they sell work. Do you have one that you could recommend? If so could you share the brand name and model please?

Thanks again.

Wouldn't want to put my name behind any particular brand but I bought mine off ebay (and all the wording is in chinese characters anyway!). The size you want depends on what you intend to use it for.
I use mine to help kill bacteria in my fish pond, to kill off mould in small bedroom (bed against wall & youngest has the door shut at night...)
And youngest spilled his rice krispies in my car one morning - milk all over the passenger seat. Even though I washed the seat thoroughly you can never wash out the bacteria but ozone kills everything off.

Back