General Mot

Currently reading:
General Mot

charlie_cinq

Hey Guys, long time no chat :cool: MOT is coming up very soon, i dont want the cinq to fail before xmas lol, just wondering, anything i should check myself? Theres obviously the blatant things, but anything i should look out for before sending her in? Its done 89k, head gasket/cam belt was done bout 8 months ago so all thats still going stong, one headlight is out of allignment but other than that...its sound as a pound as far as i know. Any tips/advice wouldnt go a miss. Cheers ears, Grim (y)

bottle of redex in a near empty tank seemed to get mine through the emissions.

loads of WD40 on everything that moves or looks like a slight squeek noise could come from it. (not the brakes disks or pads)

a good clean and a wax gives a good impression on the date with the MOT man!

good luck

All of the above stated is fine, replaced hand brake cable 6 months ago and that works fine, i will check for play in the wheels before hand, my mini failed on a knackered wheel bearing. I havent checked the brake pipes though. I Replaced Brake Pads all round 3 months ago and theyre bedded in now, so it had no real forseeable reason to fail afaik. Its always clean and polished, fluid levels are always checked when its washed so theyre ok. Will keep you posted :cool:

Cheers,

Graham

Back