MOT Pricing: You views

Currently reading:
MOT Pricing: You views

Oooooer! Have a hard time makin THAT stick! :eek:

I guess we have the option to own and run a car, its choice and rules, we make the choice and we have to stick by the rules (well most of us anyway) :D

Its our cars, we pay. I dont like it :yuck: but u can get M.o.T. for a reduced price (I see £25 - £35) with a Service. And if the car is kept good to use all it SHOULD be is a test! (y)

Why should it be free? Somebody has to pay for it and that would simply mean the cost being either put onto car tax (false economy) or paid by everybody through other forms of taxation anyway - thus people who don't own a car will end up paying for somebody else's MOT; clearly not fair.

Many things that are a requirement for you to go about a certain activity have a cost, i.e. passports.

Correctamundo Negotiator! :yeahthat:

And Custard.... that insurance jibe was quick! wink wink!!!

another way it wouldnt be fair is the people who do not work would get a truely free MOT, those who do work would pay for their MOT and for the bums MOT as well. i think the workers carry the wasters more than enough already dont you?

the best option is to have nothing at all for free, no benefits, no council housing, not even a health service or pension. then you have real motivation to do well in life, or at least work full time and not have half a dozen kids. people are then forced to act responsibly, which is good for the economy and society.

in the uk you can do whatever you want, it doesnt matter because there are no real consequences. the state will always look after you even if you cant be arsed to work and fancy a life sitting on the sofa watching tv stoned out your mind. wtf is that all about?!

another way it wouldnt be fair is the people who do not work would get a truely free MOT, those who do work would pay for their MOT and for the bums MOT as well. i think the workers carry the wasters more than enough already dont you?

the best option is to have nothing at all for free, no benefits, no council housing, not even a health service or pension. then you have real motivation to do well in life, or at least work full time and not have half a dozen kids. people are then forced to act responsibly, which is good for the economy and society.

in the uk you can do whatever you want, it doesnt matter because there are no real consequences. the state will always look after you even if you cant be arsed to work and fancy a life sitting on the sofa watching tv stoned out your mind. wtf is that all about?!

If you see the film 'Bowling for Columbine' (it was on last night) you might change your mind about the welfare state.

Back