Technical MOT Fail, and SO MANY advisories

Currently reading:
Technical MOT Fail, and SO MANY advisories

So, I've just been to a mechanic that a friend recommended.

As it turns out - one nut was stuck but he was able to take it off by heating it. Halfords couldn't have tried very hard with that. The second bolt had been snapped off. I don't know if halfords did this or if it was like that before, but they didn't mention it to me.

Anyway, the mid-pipe was a doddle to remove, and the broken bolt has been replaced. Just waiting for a new mid-pipe now.

This guy's charging me £50 for labour and I've bought the part for £25.

"Helfrauds",:rolleyes: now it's beginning to make sense, if you mentioned this initially that you had gone there, all would have known the problems.

Just a wee bit better than kwik fit :D

Last edited:
nice job monty python, not everyone got balls to do that, usually they just suck it up and pay

Oh i went ballistic at one point when he tried accusing me of been wrong :eek: that the screen wash was "nearly empty" my rather large bunch of car keys got picked up off the job card and lauched in his general direction and told along the lines of...

" well you better get the bloody thing back into the workshop and replace the washer bottle as if its used the best part in 2.5 litres travelling 20 miles it must have sprung a big leak and its under warrenty so you better see about sorting it and get me a courtesy car till its fixed as its not road legal if the washers dont work...." (or words to that effect as the forum swear filter wont like it )

and the current car on its first and ONLY service at a garage:

https://www.fiatforum.com/garages/282154-stoneacre-worksop-fiat-first-service-experience.html

Last edited:
"Helfrauds",:rolleyes: now it's beginning to make sense, if you mentioned this initially that you had gone there, all would have known the problems.

Just a wee bit better than kwik fit :D

well a friend resigned from the big K recently due to their sales targets basically wanting them to find work on cars that wasn't there he got bollocked when he didn't look for work on my car a while back when he put 2 new tyres on..... because he knew that it would have resulted in me wanting to be shown the problem or saying thats fine i'll sort it when i get home

Just like that!

Attachments

• 1455368795249.jpg
    1455368795249.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 24
Back