MOT EPIC FAIL!

Currently reading:
MOT EPIC FAIL!

G

Greg Crisp

Hey guys, brava had its mot today and failed on daft bits like having blue side lights, handbrake needing adjustment and passenger door deciding to stop opening! No probs, get it done this afternoon and go back 2moz i thought.
Epic fail time, they lost my key!
I managed to dig out my red master key from cupboard and went and collected car but know i worried where that key is and who has it!
Can i make garage replace all keys or just cut a new one to match blue one thats "gone"? Plus does any one have un-cut keys on here?

1291576330.JPG

in theory that is a massive security risk. anyone who knows who's car it was for could potentially break into / steal the motor. even if you have the ecu recoded so that key no longer works, it will still fit the doors/boot. which means your car is now at risk to someone breaking into it with great ease!!

i have to ask what kind of a garage loses something as important as the key??? If they search and search and still cannot find it, i would be saying it has been stolen mate.

they need to pay for whatever it takes to make the motor safe again if you ask me.

Well if u can't find it u will have to take them to small claims for the cost of a complete lock change including ignition and ecu...... Id call up fiat and ask for a quote so ur ready wen they can't find it.

I thunk they might end up buying ur car off you!! £1500 you want right ;)

Don't let them get away with it, they wouldn't if it was you!!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

spot on jords,well said! Id be goin effin ape if it were mine. If they cant find it then id be forcing them to replace the full set or go see an hour free solicitor as you dont feel safe knowing that your key is at large.

How can they lose a key..seriiously?

Fail

Ive got the red key and car is home in driveway, behind two cars now. But ive said they have two days to find it or i will get them to book it in with fiat for replacements. There was a board full of keys and as much as i love my fiat, im sure a thief would have taken evo 5 or astra gsi keys instead. More likely dropped in oil bin or drain or loo! But the uncertainty is the killer.
Typical when the fiat is now my daily drive too.

1291576330.JPG

you never know mate better to be safe than sorry. and its their fault, so their tough s**t.

hope you get it all sorted though.

Sorry to hear that buddy, about 9 years ago that happened to my dad, he had a 4 year old omega gls (very nice car) he took the car into a local garage that we had been using for years (but it was under new management) they couldn't find his key, so we took the spare no biggy we thought as the garage said they would cut a new key, 2 days later his car was stolen!!! and after we went to the police and told them that the garage owner was arrested, 2 weeks after that the garage caught fire and was destroyed the owner was no where to be found.

BE VERY VIGILANT. i would also like to point out that the local garage also dealt with high end cars too not just run of the mill barge's

cheers

robin

NEWSIG.jpg
[/IMG]
Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

Down & Out Stickers available only here bravo and marea weekend only £5 incl delivery

exactly as said above!

you never know... so be safe and assume it has been stolen, and stolen for a reason. maybe you've got a nice head unit and someone fancies having that off you at a later date.

be vigilant and keep your wits about you mate.

As others have said above, it's the garages fault.

The vehicle was damaged (in a way) when it was in their posession, and therefore their insurance should cover anything like this.

Might be worth reporting the 'potential' theft too...as backup.

Wouldn't leave anything like this to chance... get it dealt with straight away.