General More Problems!

Currently reading:
General More Problems!

trumpeter

Not only has my exhaust split leaving me with a bill for £400 if i get it done, but now my heater matrix is leaking coolant inside the car.

Local garage has quoted me £200 labour plus the cost of the part so i am now considering if it is worth keeping the car or not. How hard is it to change the matrix myself?

Does anyone know how much a new heater matrix costs??

i've since been told you can do it without removing the dash, but i honestly cant see how unless you have very small hands and double jointed wrists.

exhaust from scrapyard will be A LOT cheaper, like £100, and fitting is easy enough.

fitting a new heater matrix yourself will also save you a lot. total cost for heater matrix is £25, plus £3 for antifreeze.

so for the sake of £130 and 1 days work i certainly wouldnt get rid of your marea unless it is so crap that it doesnt deserve £130.

i was quoted £370 for a pattern exhaust, just the cat back part, hence my trip to a breakers when i got everything except the manifold for £100, they even left the lambda on for me.

Well, i decided to keep the car for a few more years.
Got the heater matrix fixed and a full stainless steel cat back powerflow exhaust fitted for less than £400.
Not a bad deal, just hope it passes it's MOT now!
Thanks Dave for suggesting powerflow, i would never have thought of that otherwise!
For anyone in the south east i can recommend Ashford Motorsport in Dover who did the exhaust for me in under 3 hours.
Thanks all for your suggestions.
Adrian

Back